Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1995 gq patrol nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have come across the following advert and wandering if any techies can tell me if it would be suitable for a td42:
Mercedes Borg Warner Turbo,Engine Code OM364LA,New Item, BW 314203,Mercedes Benz Industrial 184 Engine Turbo,
Numbers 315264, Part Number A364-096 6199KZ,Borg Warner S1B364, Applications ,Schwitzer Deutz Industrial Engines, Marine Engines, Tractor Engines,

·
Registered
1995 gq patrol nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just realised the turbo doesn't have a wastegate, is it possible to fit one between the t3 flange and turbo if the flange sits level with the upper cylinder head bolts/nuts

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Fair to everything there made in China?

Make you wish the $1aus reaches $1.50us.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Have come across the following advert and wandering if any techies can tell me if it would be suitable for a td42:

Mercedes Borg Warner Turbo,Engine Code OM364LA,New Item, BW 314203,Mercedes Benz Industrial 184 Engine Turbo,

Numbers 315264, Part Number A364-096 6199KZ,Borg Warner S1B364, Applications ,Schwitzer Deutz Industrial Engines, Marine Engines, Tractor Engines,
Nothing wrong with this turbo, but it may be a bit too small. Only a bit. The S2 Schwitzer is better for the TD42. If you can find a 346 benz motor, they have a turbo that is better. Garrett TO4B27, smallest TO4 you can get. I have one in the shed, as the father in law is a mercedes deisel fitter, and it worked good, even without a boost actuator. You don't need em. Great torque with the S1 or the TO4B27, but lacking in the top end compared to a GT28 type series.

·
Registered
1995 gq patrol nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing wrong with this turbo, but it may be a bit too small. Only a bit. The S2 Schwitzer is better for the TD42. If you can find a 346 benz motor, they have a turbo that is better. Garrett TO4B27, smallest TO4 you can get. I have one in the shed, as the father in law is a mercedes deisel fitter, and it worked good, even without a boost actuator. You don't need em. Great torque with the S1 or the TO4B27, but lacking in the top end compared to a GT28 type series.
You say it is a bit too small but the engine itr is designed to fit on the Merc is 4 litre which I though would be suitable. The turbo you recommend off the 346 Benz is a 10.8 litre engine! Wouldn't you think the one I'm considering getting is more suited?? I'm not after 200bhp or the fast spool up of a GT28 just something in between.

·
Registered
nissan
140 Posts
The S1B is what is used in the denco kit for the 2.8/3.0 hilux be a bit small for the td42. would end up over speeding i would think.

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
You dont need a wastegate really, use your fuel to set your boost..

i dont like the sound of that, let alone think it is possible.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Many turbo industrial engines dont have wastegates...... the early dodge ram cummins 12v didnt have wastegates.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
if your not after billionteen KW, then get a turbo kit off a GU 4.2, they come up complete on ebay all the time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts