Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am installing a new stereo in 2002 gu, I need to get power for the reverse camera at the stereo, would be easier to get it from near the stereo rather than running a wire all the way back to where I got power for the actual camera, anyone know where there is a wire would be a great help

Cheers
Gav

·
Registered
nissan
237 Posts
From what I have just read around the forum it seems to be a yellow wire in the passenger side kick panel. The Nissan manual states that it should be a yellow wire too. Please see the image below for what I mean.
Also please use a test light / multi meter to make sure that you are getting the right wire.

EDIT: According to this thread its a yellow wire with a Pink stripe. http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/color-reverse-wire-19057/

·
Registered
nissan
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rory, I just ran it back to the original wire that I used at the lights,bitof extra wire but wasn't hard

Cheers
Gav

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
Just wired mine up on my'00 GU.
Can confirm the yellow wire is correct.
I pulled the light assembly out to do it.
I ran the wire back out through the rubber bung at the back of the rear passenger side wheel arch.
I'll get some photos later.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
There are 2 pins on the outside of the rear light assembly and 2 bolts inside the body cavity accessed from behind the removable flap inside the car.
The pins need to be pried away from the body.
I broke mine and they are now araldyted back in place on the light assembly.
I spliced into the yellow wire on the loom side of the plug

·
Registered
nissan
4,988 Posts
@warthog, if you drill a hole in the peak of that bracket you can pass the wires inside the ally step. There’s a 20mm cavity there and easy to get through.
That external wire is begging to be damaged by something.. apart from the fact it just doesn’t look right.
Drill a hole like this..

Attachments

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
@warthog, if you drill a hole in the peak of that bracket you can pass the wires inside the ally step. There’s a 20mm cavity there and easy to get through.
That external wire is begging to be damaged by something.. apart from the fact it just doesn’t look right.
Drill a hole like this..
I dont get what you mean sorry?
I picked up the reverse power from inside the cab and had to get it outside to the camera and to run it down the chassis rail to the engine bay and back inside to the unit.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
JFF45 is saying that you can take the camera wire through the back of its mounting plate and through the step.
I still need to get the power feed from inside the cab to the camera.
That is what that wire is doing
I agree it looks sh 1tty but it saved me moving the rear drawers (which is a major pita) and drilling another hole somewhere.

·
Registered
nissan
4,988 Posts
I still need to get the power feed from inside the cab to the camera.
That is what that wire is doing
I agree it looks sh 1tty but it saved me moving the rear drawers (which is a major pita) and drilling another hole somewhere.
You can feed through the space I mentioned in the step and it comes out just near the left side of the small door. Then you go down near the lower left taillight wires and across to the other side of the exhaust pipe and there’s a grommet in the bottom that leads up inside near the left rear light wiring.
I did it easily without touching my drawers. I don’t have my reverse camera wiring in the chassis, it’s easy to run it inside the sills to the front.
Easiest place to get reverse live wire is just above the left side of the glovebox.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
You can feed through the space I mentioned in the step and it comes out just near the left side of the small door. Then you go down near the lower left taillight wires and across to the other side of the exhaust pipe and there’s a grommet in the bottom that leads up inside near the left rear light wiring.
I did it easily without touching my drawers. I don’t have my reverse camera wiring in the chassis, it’s easy to run it inside the sills to the front.
Easiest place to get reverse live wire is just above the left side of the glovebox.
Thanks I'll have a look when I have more time.
It sounds like a better solution. Thanks :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts