Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ive noticed when i go through river crossings, more so when its deeper or if i go fast through the shallower stuff, my steering gets hard to turn, really stiff etc.. goes away a short time after.. whats causing that? i have power steering fluid, no leaks or anything visible, got me stuffed!

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no squealing, isnt because of the bowel wave or anyhting involving resistance, because it still does it for a little while after ive gone out of the water. belts slipping is probably it, otherwise i reckon water is getting in the steering dampner maybe? making it hard to turn the wheel? what can i do about the belts if its that?

·
Registered
Nissan
25 Posts
My brothers gu has the same problem, when water covers over the belts they slip and cause loss of steering so we tightened the belt right up and no more problems :)

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
an old worn belt will do this even if tight. The old worn belt will sit so low in the pulley the inside circumference will be riding on the OD of the groove of the pulley not the sides of the belt on the sides of the v groove of the pulley.

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
, isnt because of the bowel wave

I'm hoping you mean a bow wave, as in bow of the ship, otherwise your a proctologist looking somewhere I don't want picture in my mind (bowel : lowel end of intestine) ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe thats what i mean haha, either way i mean the big bulge of water at the front of the car haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts