Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to successfully remove the strainer / filter on the return line inside the power steering reservoir, and more importantly get it back on.
Was changing the low pressure hoses, and found this strainer. Obviously there is at least one guy in Japan that can do it, but it's possible this is installed before they crimp the lid on.
I don't want to start something then wish I hadn't.
Access is not the easiest, and it looks like it could with a clean.
This is on a '90 TD42, but guess they are all similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
11,153 Posts
i take if your just trying to clean it out??
you could pull the res off. its only couple of bolts off memory. then hold it so the fitting is pointing down and flush with brake cleaner or throttle body cleaner or parts cleaner of similar.
i have never tried to get it off before though. my hands are just to big for that.

·
Registered
nissan
303 Posts
Old thread, but I'm looking at this too.
Guessing the metal pin will clip out easily, just need long long long nose pliers to get in there. Will give it a crack tonight as mine is about as dirty.

·
Registered
nissan
303 Posts
Hey GeeCee. Unsure if you've already fixed it, but my setup is the same as yours and after a long bit of fiddling tonight I managed to unclip, remove strainer, clean it out, replace it, then painstakingly try n get that clip back on!!!! It is def possible; just fiddly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts