Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
844 Posts
Ok Guru’s I need some help!

Seems the CRD has different wiring, not surprisingly. According to the schematic it’s pin 254 from ecm to glow module. It also states the wire is LG/B which I assume is light grey blue.

Only wire I found that resembles that is;

Test light illuminates when powered but doesn’t go out when I thought it should, 30*, 60* coolant or 3mins. Does this mean I have the wrong wire?

Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 CRD wagon
990 Posts
Is anyone able to confirm this is the same for a CRD?
Thanks
I cant find the post but I looked into this. The crd doesnt glow for anywhere near as long and cuts out completely at a given coolant temp. I can't remember the exact numbers but it was established that this mod was generally unnecessary for our crd.

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
I cant find the post but I looked into this. The crd doesnt glow for anywhere near as long and cuts out completely at a given coolant temp. I can't remember the exact numbers but it was established that this mod was generally unnecessary for our crd.
Ok that's all good then, I had a di that cracked a piston last week and had this mod so just wanted to make sure before I got rid of the di that i didn't need to take the timer out and swap it over.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
04 GUIII ZD30 Manual
23 Posts
Hey fellas, just did this mod and the relay clicks each second of the after glow. Is that normal or is something not right?

·
Registered
04 GUIII ZD30 Manual
23 Posts
Hey fellas, just did this mod and the relay clicks each second of the after glow. Is that normal or is something not right?
And I dont seem to be getting any power to the glow plugs at all. Where is the factory glow relay located?

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Check that you set the main timer and not the afterglow timer. Main will keep power on constantly for for the set time. The secondary feature is afterglow which pulses evey second for the amount of time you set.
And I dont seem to be getting any power to the glow plugs at all. Where is the factory glow relay located?
Drivers side of firewall above where the cables come through from the cab. It has a clear vinyl cover on it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
04 GUIII ZD30 Manual
23 Posts
Check that you set the main timer and not the afterglow timer. Main will keep power on constantly for for the set time. The secondary feature is afterglow which pulses evey second for the amount of time you set.Drivers side of firewall above where the cables come through from the cab. It has a clear vinyl cover on it.

Thanks mate. All sorted now 👍

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
107 Posts
Great work skeg... lots of thought put into your write up here and the previous kemo setup too.

Although having just read that the CRD doesn’t require it, I’m personally not going to bother. My ceramic glow plugs looked great at 180k kms

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
12 Posts
Hi,
Got around installing Powertrain glow plug timer on 2001 ZD30DI.Very easy to do.
Have left on factory setting.Any suggestions as of best settings for Melbourne.We are currently having heat wave coming thru.

·
Premium Member
25,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I leave mine on 20 seconds all year round in QLD. Would probably set the afterglow for 20 to 30 seconds during Melbourne's winters.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
12 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol GU
136 Posts
Can 3mm 10 amp cable ok from busbar to l.e.d .(ok to use checking glow plug duration )just want to see duration of glow plugs in different start up temperatures in morning

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,842 Posts
Can 3mm 10 amp cable ok from busbar to l.e.d .(ok to use checking glow plug duration )just want to see duration of glow plugs in different start up temperatures in morning
Yes thats plenty for LED you only need tiny wiring, did mine with a LED indicator many years ago and all good. I have the same for all my WM injection LED indicators.

·
Premium Member
25,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
thats perfectly fine. can even use 0.5mm wire as the current is very small.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol GU
136 Posts
Thanks guy’s,(y)(y)

·
Registered
07 Black Patrol 3.0 / 04 Grey 3.0 Patrol / 01 3.0 Patrol
1,283 Posts
I leave mine on 20 seconds all year round in QLD. Would probably set the afterglow for 20 to 30 seconds during Melbourne's winters.

Awesome job Skeg,i think i will fit one of these too when i get my Patrol back and in any case it will be easier than trying to diagnose why mine won't glow anymore off the ignition LOL... i changed everything, all fuses and relays, ecu even just to test and still won't glow off the key.I have a push button manual glow now i wired up myself in the lower dash under the steering wheel nice and neat but i like this for the timer... i hate having to hold the button as it's just annoying. #
Good job!

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
12 Posts
Got around to fitting the 12v led at the buz bar and mounted led to pillar pod next to fuel press gauge.
As mentioned this was easy to do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Awesome job Skeg,i think i will fit one of these too when i get my Patrol back and in any case it will be easier than trying to diagnose why mine won't glow anymore off the ignition LOL... i changed everything, all fuses and relays, ecu even just to test and still won't glow off the key.I have a push button manual glow now i wired up myself in the lower dash under the steering wheel nice and neat but i like this for the timer... i hate having to hold the button as it's just annoying. #
Good job!
The Powertrain one is perfect for you as you can set afterglow during your freezing cold winters to keep them on a 1 second pulse for a while after the glowplugs have done their job starting the car.
It's a hell of a lot easier to wire up and set the glow time than the Kemo as well.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts