Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
1,174 Posts
As I said, from your country google "adjustable 24V glow plug timer" and make your choice.

By the way, in my country, nobody modified their glow plug timers and we do not experience cracked heads. Australians have for sure good reasons to do it.

We do not run more than 18psi, nor Dawes/Tillix/Needle even if we tried them. Many do not even have an EGR blocked, but they clean their admission fully and regularly to avoid the grenade effect. Many run chips, but no remaps. Australia is the most experienced in that field (remap), and also in cracked heads for reasons I have difficulties to explain. We still have many almost stock Di running beautifully.

Only issue is the VP44, which hates water and needs to be lubricated regularly to avoid the timing piston to ceize.

We do replace injectors every 150 000 km, and only people who do not follow this advice get holes in their pistons sooner or later. Some never. Some earlier.

I was surprised to see so many differences in our "practices". But the climate is a bit different, and how and where we drive our Patrols too. So it is difficult to compare and draw conclusions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My boy, I can see that you are very clever, but with me you have not met the subject ... try to give advice elsewhere ..

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
1,174 Posts
Well. I am not a boy, and even less your's, but a grand'pa.
I cannot do the search for you from my country. So good luck.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts