Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 4.2
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of taking my Patrol to a hypnotherapist so it doesn't freek out when it sees a hill. But are there alternatives?
I have fitted a 3"exhaust so far.
What is my next option to give it some grunt.? I am not keen on DGas. Do I make a trip to somewhere like Berrima Diesel for a bigger intercooler or like? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,333 Posts
Start with a good tune if thats not enough then go the turbo and intercooler upgrade. Type power upgrade TD4.2 in the search function theres plenty of good info here.

Good luck

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Whats your budget? That will tell what you can go with.

Go see Andy at Diesel-tec in Lilydale.. hes also on this board.

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Ok, I know your not keen on Dgas, I have a system called ecoshot, think that is what its called.
No computer, works very well, and the 3 inch exhaust, the exhaust runs approx 40 deg cooler at 100 km/h.
It pulls like a train up hills, once I ran out of gas, lacking power, thought I left my hand brake on.
I'm very happy with the system, she's a different puppy now.
good luck.

·
Registered
Nissan
260 Posts
Along with your exhaust,a turbo and intrcooler upgrade and a proper tune will get it moving. No need to go all the way up to Beriima, plenty of people in Vic that are more then capable e.g. JPC, Dieseltec etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi am not meaning to hi jack but i have some questions about getting the most out of a 06 as well .i had my 99 exhausted boosted and tuned and it goes alright . and now i too am looking into getting the same done on my intercooled 06 4.2 .so can anyone tell me if i will get more power and torque than my 99. not sure because i thougt maybee the polution crap might cancil out the intercooler gains . and if so will blocking off the egr help. doue s the pump timing still have to be advanced . and if so is this done electronically or still mechanicly.and has any one had any real world imformation on the are bonnet scoops i know they say effiancy gains of 68 %or something but how does this equate to power at the wheels.
and finally has anyone had there exhuast ceramic treated and if so can i have some feed back and the benefits you have found etc . as on my 99 i noticed the floor and gearbox tunnel got hotter with new exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts