Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is a premium member here. Cant see the star on anyones Icons.
I am quite prepared to help the site as i would expect alot of time and money goes in to keep it running.
$20 us might be a bit steep thou.
Is it worth it ?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm not a premium member but I can see all those who are. They have a big red border around their avatar pic with a big star or something in the bottom rhs corner when you see their comments in posts. Some that have other achievements like life member etc have different symbols but you can click on their username and it'll show what they have

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
I am quite prepared to help the site as i would expect alot of time and money goes in to keep it running.
Is it worth it ?
I'm not a premium member but I can see all those who are. They have a big red border around their avatar pic with a big star or something in the bottom rhs corner when you see their comments in posts. Some that have other achievements like life member etc have different symbols but you can click on their username and it'll show what they have
What KD says, like mine, except mine doesn't have the star because I'm admin, I joined not long after becoming a member for the same reason you state, but then it was owned by a Aussie. Premium Members lost a lot of the little perks they had when we moved from vB software to XF, where many things just became normal, have been on the case with our Canadian owners for better premium rites for some time, with so much going on it is a slow tedious march, but, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Don’t forget the free beer at Christmas time, too. 😉

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Don’t forget the free beer at Christmas time, too. 😉
Bugga it, I'll share a recent communication with VS on one of many conversations I've started on Premium Membership, we have come a long way on the many other issues we've had over the 10 months since the migration from vB to XF, but this one is very disappointing.

Well all I can say is overall response to this is damned disappointing and sounds like VS just wants premium members to go away and bury there heads in the sand until the last LT members have kicked the bucket or just lost interest, basically I find this very arrogant the way they are being treated, I would not be surprised if VS want me to say "hey guys, don't sign up, save your money because joining is worthless". Disgusting as far as I'm concerned.
My 2 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
210 Posts
Is it worth it ?
The amount of great info and mods that can be done with out costing you an arm and a leg is worth the cost alone of a premium membership, l’m not a mechanic ,but I have done stuff and mods a would not have dreamed about doing before 5 years ago . Plus there is a heap of great people that are extremely helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
6,395 Posts
The amount of great info and mods that can be done with out costing you an arm and a leg is worth the cost alone of a premium membership, l’m not a mechanic ,but I have done stuff and mods a would not have dreamed about doing before 5 years ago . Plus there is a heap of great people that are extremely helpful
The people that put time and effort into this site and the occasional activities run by the site are volunteers and get paid absolutely nothing and receive no benefit from anything you pay the site. The forum volunteers run a bank account and raise money for charity when they conduct get togethers but these functions are organised by unpaid members from the forum and the owners contribute nothing to these activities. Every cent that gets paid towards premium membership goes straight to the owners with nothing going to assist with the forum activities. IMO the only useful advantage of premium membership is the removal of ads.

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
210 Posts
I’m grateful for ALL the volunteers for the time and effort they put into the forum . You might not get bang for your buck being a premium member but that’s not why I became a premium member for. You can still access a great deal of information without having a premium member subscription, all I was suggesting it’s still worth joining for me.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you dont get this info you talking about unless you go premium!

·
Registered
634 Posts
What a joke, I bet VS won't be laughing when all their forum admins/mods give up caring and eventually members/daily activity drops ruining their advertising income

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
210 Posts
So you dont get this info you talking about unless you go premium!
The information is there for all regardless if you are a premium or not . I chose to be a premium member for various reasons, for me what information and knowledge I have gained is worth every cent . Just my opinion ,if premium membership is not good value for you that’s okay , for me joining the patrol4x4 .com has been a tremendous help in maintaining my truck and saving me a lot of money from bull **** business ‘s taking advantage of me ,so a premium membership in my way is giving back to a community of great people ,especially those that donate their time and effort to keep the forum available for all us

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Had one response from an admin on another forum to my little rant above and it was positive, no others yet, will be interesting when all (including VS) are back on deck tonight (to my knowledge I'm the only one in the southern and western hemispheres).

·
Registered
nissan
6,395 Posts
for me joining the patrol4x4 .com has been a tremendous help in maintaining my truck and saving me a lot of money from bull **** business ‘s taking advantage of me ,
Me too.
so a premium membership in my way is giving back to a community of great people ,especially those that donate their time and effort to keep the forum available for all us
The problem is that premium membership does nothing to give back to those people. You'd be better off making a donation to the forum bank account and I'm sure geeyoutoo could tell you how if you PM'd him.

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
210 Posts
Me too.

The problem is that premium membership does nothing to give back to those people. You'd be better off making a donation to the forum bank account and I'm sure geeyoutoo could tell you how if you PM'd him.
Yes , l’m aware that also ,I understand that the fat cats get money but if that’s what it takes in a way to keep the forum going so be it.More than happy to make a donation to the forum (@geeyoutoo).

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes , l’m aware that also ,I understand that the fat cats get money but if that’s what it takes in a way to keep the forum going so be it.More than happy to make a donation to the forum (@geeyoutoo).
Have paid up and not much to see! Expect inprovment before i commit again. Members lounge is just like another thread that isnt anymore exciting then another.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Have paid up and not much to see! Expect inprovment before i commit again. Members lounge is just like another thread that isnt anymore exciting then another.
I agree to a certain extent, do you think that no one is trying to improve things? if so maybe I'm a bit sorry you did do it. we get no benefit from it as has been pointed out by others. I do however work my Fing arse off to make things better simply because I love this forum. You paid $19 US for your so far limited premium rites. I and a few others paid $125 for lifetime membership which means nothing to me now because I'm admin and get much better rites anyway, but, premium is close to my heart because of my history. When things are on the change you lot are the first I ask for an opinion and always have been, new sections have been created because of speaking with other admins and premium members for opinions. If you look at the history rather than the present you will see a slightly different story.

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
210 Posts
Just curious ,what did you expect??, happy to hear any ideas or suggestions you have..

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,059 Posts
I only went premium to get rid of the damn advertising. I mostly use my phone to access this site and the ads were driving me crazy!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Nissan patrol GU
210 Posts
I only went premium to get rid of the damn advertising. I mostly use my phone to access this site and the ads were driving me crazy!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That’s one reason also I use the iPad 99% the time now; hate adds with a passion now ,for some reason they drive me nuts 🥜 .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts