Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Premium Membership has been launched on the other forum for testing purposes, a few weeks away from reality on general forums. I signed up about 10 minutes ago and it took seconds once payment details were entered, $19.99 USD (no idea why the .99). There will be a How To when the time comes. My first impression with no adds visible and a switchable Focused Reading Mode was this is bloody great. Will be checking it out more in the coming weeks.

Lifetime membership is no longer available (I am one as well) but will be honoured as we have said before.

Full width of my 17" Dell Laptop screen

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@geeyoutoo, is the $19.99 a one-off payment or a subscription?
It's an annual subscription (life membership, 25 years, was AU125$ when I did it many years ago). There will be more detail on benefits in coming weeks. This is bringing something new into a system I'm not sure supported the concept, there have been a few small hiccups reported.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,215 Posts
Just upgraded to premium for under $20usd
Was really easy too. Looking forward to less adds

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What you see now is not the end result, there is a lot of discussion going on in the background. You will now be able to change settings and use the full screen just for posts and threads, I've been working with this on the other forum for over a week and it's great.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'm curious as to what the "premium only forums/discussions" are? Is this a section that only premium members can view and contribute?

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,206 Posts
And only cool kid can play. 🤣😉

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm curious as to what the "premium only forums/discussions" are? Is this a section that only premium members can view and contribute?
Yes. But as said to GUEY there are many aspects under review, many of the rites that were given under vB are normal to all users under XF, this has been the bases of long discussion with admins from other VS owned forums over many months, with all the issues we have had and worked on to solve in other areas of XF this aspect has taken quite some time unfortunately.

·
Registered
779 Posts
So on other words premium members don't get any extra access to forum sections/discussions that we don't already have now but it's more a case of normal members will eventually loose some access to certain forum sections/discussions. Or did I read that wrong?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes your reading it wrong, there will be no loss of rites to normal members, they already have picked up a heap, it is premium that lost out and what we are fighting for to get back.

Go to FAQ (click on 3 dots far right top on menu bar), click on release notes then click on 43 for some detail, but as said the fat lady hasn't sung yet, there is more to come as forum admins try to sway VS to our way of thinking.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,967 Posts
I should have added that yes there is a premium members area where only the cool kids can go and talk chit about Troy.
Membership was more about gaining extra editing rites etc though which have been lost since the changeover of platforms.
Those are the things we (Ross) is pushing to get back.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I should have added that yes there is a premium members area where only the cool kids can go and talk chit about Troy.
Membership was more about gaining extra editing rites etc though which have been lost since the changeover of platforms.
Those are the things we (Ross) is pushing to get back.
Thanks, that clears up my confusion. I took your previous reply not as intended and it came across as there was zero additional forums which is why I asked again lol

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,967 Posts
Thanks, that clears up my confusion. I took your previous reply not as intended and it came across as there was zero additional forums which is why I asked again lol
Yeah sorry, bit of sarcasm on my part regarding the content (or in reality the lack of).

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW, if you guy's don't know of it for premium, go to account settings/preferences/enable focused reading mode and try it.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trev, could you go to post #16 and follow instructions then get back to me please, want to make sure before I head off in a complaint.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,206 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts