Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GQ has central locking from new but it only works from the drivers side door key to lock and unlock all doors, does the same when the lock is used manually from that door too.

Is it possible buy a high quality hand held keychain unlocker one that's water proof or just tough i suppose but without all of the other immobilizer/alarm etc functions included as i don't need them or actually want them as I have that pretty much covered elsewhere.

Some of the aftermarket unlockers feel very flimsy and weak/cheap and tiny too.

cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
the after market ones are great, i havent had one pack out on me yet and ive been running the same one for years. they are cheap, easy to install, and a hell of a lot cheaper than buying 2 remotes and getting them programmed.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that actually I didn't twig that i could get just aftermarket central locking, for some reason I thought it had to be with an alarm system attached.

I will check out whats available around the place, do you know which is best? or which one yours is?

cheers

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
i picked up one off fleabay, for $45 to my door.

not a bad unit, and its just like the old girl, simple!
it locks, and unlocks the doors with a remote, no alarm, not connected to the blinkers, nothing.

and suprisingly, the keypad's pretty top notch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts