Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a lot off ................................ i finally got my sd33 engine in my car.
but no clutch. so after removing the engine for the 4th time we noticed that the pressure plate was 12 mm thinner as the plate in the old engine.
the old pressure pressure plate was 54 mm thick en the new one 42 mm.
so my bearing did not touch the plate.(fingers)
problem is that i can only order 1 size here in holland. (to small)
in the old plate where numbers 3m27 and 22j00. i could not find them on the internet.
if i want to order a new set de shops do not show how thick the plates are. only the diameter(240mm)
what plates do i need? the numbers nissan-europe.epc-data do not tell the thickness of the plates.

please help i want to ride my carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr馃槦

Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
There are two pressure plate heights for the SD33. Later cars had the taller one, as it more closely matched the Turbo engine flywheel and clutch assembly.
42mm is very short, from memory early SD pressure plates were about 50mm give or take.

Given that your engine and transmission are in a Landy, and the engine has been changed makes things a bit more difficult.

22J00 might be the last digits of a Nissan part number. 30210-22J00 is the part number for a genuine Nissan pressure plate for an RD28T Y60 Patrol, which is possible as the RD28T is the same as SD33, I just don't know if its the same as the early or late model clutch.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!!!!
a patrol garage here in Holland, pointed me also in this direction.(y60). this was after hours of mailen and calling to all forums and shops i could find.
so i ordered yesterday plates for the y60. they arrive tomorrow. i hope so much that they will fit. the car is almost 3 month in the garage now.
well he is standing dry and warm. and that never happend in the winter here. he is also dry in the inside now. that never happend.
thanks again for your replay.

1986 SD33T SWB
No worries, and good luck with the new clutch, update us whether it works or not.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blehh did not work, we had 4 sets of pressure plates now and they are all to thin.
but after some research on the internet i found a repair shop for clutches and brakes for oldtimers.
they are going to restore the original clutch to new and better. for the price of a new set.
i hope next week to put the car together again.
bad news is here in the Netherlands we get 30-40 cm of snow and i have a 4x4 in the garage not working.
good thing is that the heater in the Dacia is better as in the Land Rover :)

1986 SD33T SWB
Good to hear you have found someone to sort out the clutch. Maybe they can tell you what the old clutch is originally out of?

I think most heaters would be better than Land Rover heaters. All the heat would escape the cabin before it gets to you lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hiehawoeha the Nissan sd33 is working again.
after restoring the clutch to new and a 100 times trying to get the air out of the lines we noticed that the main clutch cilinder was not working good. was a new one. so the old girling cilinder back and the clutch worked again.
only problem now is that the clutch is almost at the bodem before he works.
i do not care i want to drive!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts