Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions for the more experienced hands in this forum
Q1-I want to degrease and hose off the underside of my engine area after my recent oil change. I dribbled a bit if oil from the oil cartridge down the side of the engine. Will hosing it cause any problems?
Q2-will pressure cleaning the whole engine bay have any detrimental effects as long as I don't go stupid close to vital parts, ie fuse boxes etc.

Q3- are there any things I should NOT go near with water or degreaser.
Q4-is it ok to use a brake cleaner on the throttle body or is there a specific spray got the job

Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Everyone is different mate but Ill throw my hat in.

I try not to degrease, high pressure wash under the hood. I degreased the bay once when I was chasing a leak on the fuel lines after the carter pump instal...anyways that's the only time in 2.5 years of owning the ol girl and was in the fuel filter area and below on the chasis rails.

So if you spilt oil just do a "spot" degrease,and hose with the garden hose in that general area.

Degreaser tarnishes alloys and metals...especially the cheap nasty stuff.

Warm soapy water/ Truck wash I have done maybe a handful of times to rid the dirt/dust ect.

Nulon and CRC from memory do a throttle body cleaner spray.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Do not pressure wash near the intercooler or radiator. You can bend the fins and you essentially stuff it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts