Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or are the GQ's getting ridiculously priced these days? seems people want big dollars for their GQ's with duel fuel and more k's than KKK convention? and if you wanna buy a diesel be it turboed or not get ready to lop that testicle off ??
Anyways i am deciding to try something different and heading across to the Land Rover Discovery 2 Td side of the 4wd market, i love my Gq's but people are getting greedy :)
What do u think?

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
i agree. It's all about the zd30 bashing... and people dreaming about the old 4.2 being the best engine in the patrol.

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
you got to hunt for a good deal, just picked up a Ford Mav 4.2 diesel the nun of mavericks that i have seen and got it for $9000, happy as larry!!

but your right people are getting greedy!!

G

·
hahha there you go, that $9000 is what he is talking about i reckon. gq's arent worth that much. i am in the same boat too, looking for a gq but they have gone up in price for no reason. My last gq i bought for $6000, it was a LWB and it came with a custom paintjob, full 6 point ccda rollcage, racing seats, suspension lift, cut guards, rego, custom air box. the gq i had before that was a SWB, stock as a rock and in great nic it cost me $3000

·
Banned
nissan
39 Posts
Isn't that telling you all something. Best goddamn 4wd in Australia. Along with its younger brother the GU with td42.:bananaro: Plus have you seen the latest offering from Nissan badged Patrol. Once this POS is out & about expect to pay more for a real 4wd!

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
No its not being greedy, GQ owners know what they have under their arse each day while driving to work. You get what you pay for if you want a cheap gq be prepared for buying a well used bush/beach vehicle with rust, but if you want a well looked after gq that sits in the garaged and washed once a week you'll spend the cash. i payed 11k for my stock (apart from a 2' lift) 90 td4.2t and wouldve spent more for it if the seller wanted more.

And yes its because its the Tuffest factory built 4wd in Aus its proven itself for the last 22yrs

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
82 Posts
i believe it is supply and demand. so if you had a gq\gu 4.2 turbo diesel would you ask top dollar for your 4wd or just ask a "reasonable price" i think if the shoe was on the other foot you wouldnt have even posted.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
hahha there you go, that $9000 is what he is talking about i reckon. gq's arent worth that much. i am in the same boat too, looking for a gq but they have gone up in price for no reason. My last gq i bought for $6000, it was a LWB and it came with a custom paintjob, full 6 point ccda rollcage, racing seats, suspension lift, cut guards, rego, custom air box. the gq i had before that was a SWB, stock as a rock and in great nic it cost me $3000
And your last GQ was a petrol?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
yeh i totally agree, way over priced, when i got my gq a year n a half ago it had 315000ish kms on it, TD42 for $6200, ran like a dream, not a trouble in the world, just couldnt run under water. for an old car the price has sky rocketed

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
334 Posts
i HATE EBAY it has given people a way to find out how much something is worth. Its getting very hard to find a good bargin these days. The see ebays inflated prices and think thats what its is worth.

·
Registered
nissan
119 Posts
Isn't that telling you all something. Best goddamn 4wd in Australia. Along with its younger brother the GU with td42.:bananaro: Plus have you seen the latest offering from Nissan badged Patrol. Once this POS is out & about expect to pay more for a real 4wd!
I think 80's series Landcruisers & Troopies are probably the toughest, but patrols come in a close second.

Theirs a reason patrols are not worth as much as a landy.

Landcruisers just have a bit better build quality and the engines last just as long & longer, but patrols are the best value for money true 4wd! But lately its getting harder to justify when I can get a mid 90's landy in good nick for the same price.

I am in the market for a GQ 4.2 Diesel but can't find what I want, have been trying for a whole year but the 2/3 I have seen come up that matched my criteria were sold within a few days. It's bull****, and im a bit pissed off that new 4wd's cost so much money and are made from plastic crap.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
80 series better than a GQ
Tuff call
The L/C are and always will be more money
You pay for the badge,always have

Anyway back to the topic
Its been discussed in depth recently the price of GQs
I look at it like this
If i say have a GQ to sell (which i dont)
And i whak it on evilbay and its sold for a fair amount,then that by the masses is it current value
We would all like low K GQs for bugger all,but it wont happen

Yes they are retaining value,(being the best model made ,voted by the masses,helps with pricing)

But at the end of the day
The demand is there for the prices asking
Evilbay is good for pricing,generally what they sell for help guage their worth

If your looking at GQs for a while,youll surely have some sorta idea of whats selling for what

FYI
Seen real good condition MQ/MKs command and sell around 3.5-5 K
(Yep the good ol MQ/MKs)
I think alot are over the plastic late model cr*p

·
Administrator
4,576 Posts
Snook - you reckon there is a reason most comp spec Landcruiser guys put patrol drive line in there cruisers man or are they just not in the know?

And when Landy is said it is referring to Land Rover not Landcruiser

·
Registered
nissan
119 Posts
Snook - you reckon there is a reason most comp spec Landcruiser guys put patrol drive line in there cruisers man or are they just not in the know?

And when Landy is said it is referring to Land Rover not Landcruiser
I'm just lazy mate :p

There are a lot of people on both sides of the camp (In and Not in the know), I hate the 'Toyota Tax' and want a GQ, but a lot of people would argue the 80 series to be slightly better stock comparatively. The nissan interior is pretty crap!

However I am not a mechanic so merely regurgitating the opinion of others mechanically and my own driving experience.

That being said I still want a GQ!

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,994 Posts
i bought one of my GQ td42's for $3600 with rego! 250,000km. and stock. . not even a bullbar. dents in every pannel. only minor rust. i then threw near 7k at it in accessories and sold it over a year later for $10,500 within 2 weeks of being advertised. -must of had 100 phone calls that week. unbelievable.

·
Registered
nissan
275 Posts
I reckon that it is difficult to find a good gq these days. No one wants to part with good clean td4.2s. It took me close to 7 months to find one I was happy with.

Sure there is plenty of dual fuel ones around and plenty that have been thrashed you can pick up for cheap.

At the end of the day its up to you what you think a vehicle is worth and how much you are willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I understand what you guys are saying and yeah if i had a td42 or a neat as GQ i would charge top dollar but some of the pieces of crap i have seen like 89 duel fuel 2" lift rust n rattles for 13k i mean, c'mon man lol i didnt want a fight or anything just was annoyed that the price of them has gone up heaps and the dodgey ones jump on the bandwagon, I'll check out a disco and just see how they go,change is as good as a holiday :)
I miss my GQ but life goes on
cheers \
chris

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've seen lots of blown heads on gq's where the duel fuels are involved and as for the discoveries etc i am pretty much only listening to those that own or have owned not those that "have heard" but thanks for your input i have taken it onboard

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
i bought one of my GQ td42's for $3600 with rego! 250,000km. and stock. . not even a bullbar. dents in every pannel. only minor rust. i then threw near 7k at it in accessories and sold it over a year later for $10,500 within 2 weeks of being advertised. -must of had 100 phone calls that week. unbelievable.

X2 got my GQ for $1500 no rego stock no rust in it dents in every pannel 2" of mud on the floor needed a motor and so on

to date i have put 8k in it and still not done but wont sell for anything under 10k

1 - 20 of 89 Posts