Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a walk through the surplus section today at the Langley store. I was hoping to get into the Kamloops store yesterday but had to rush back because the wife was real sick. The Langley store now have 24V horns in the surplus section for $2.99 each. I bought two, just to see how they might sound and to have for spares. I'll post up on the sound when I get a chance to test them. 24V Grote tractor lights are all gone. They now have a big supply of the same lights but in 6V. They still have the 24V window winders and the 24V diesel pumps. I should find out more details on those pumps some day. I wonder if they are as good as a Walbro pump?

We might as well keep this the PA thread. If you find anything interesting their for our rigs, please post. It doesn't have to be 24V.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the OEM ones in the Safari. It sounds like it too. :doh:

Twinnotter, that air horn in the link has the same Hella air pump as my Hella airhorn. After my disappointment with the PA horns, I hooked up just one of the trumpet of my Hella air horn and gave it a blast. Well, that put the :) back on my face. I really need to figure out where and how I am going to mount it and just get it installed.

·
Registered
nissan
115 Posts
I have one of P.A.'s 24v fuel pumps installed on my rig, so far no issues. I also have a little 24v to dual 12v cigarette lighter inverter receptacle (100watt) I picked up there for 10 dollars; also works great.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of P.A.'s 24v fuel pumps installed on my rig, so far no issues. I also have a little 24v to dual 12v cigarette lighter inverter receptacle (100watt) I picked up there for 10 dollars; also works great.
Do you have any specs on that fuel pump? I didn't open up the box when they last had them in the Langley store. Are they always on or do they come on as a preset pressure? Are they pull-through pumps? (Will the IP still be able to draw fuel with its lift pump if the electrical pump fails?)

I saw the little 24V-12V converters there. I think they are fine for a back-up or as a replacement to the OEM converter but they are limited as they only put out a max of 5 amps @ 12V.

·
Registered
nissan
115 Posts
Canuck,
no specs on the pump, well, not that I remember at this point, but seemed reasonable (before I installed it). They are always on, but allow feed if they fail (I have a similar spec P.A. pump on my 1994 F700 5.9 cummins bus that I'm converting; saved me when the hose in the top of the tank broke off on a rough road in the middle of nowhere).
Although, due to recent troubles, I'm considering testing the output pressure of the inline at this point, as I had troubles with air bleeding in the line before I installed the pump.

I only used the 24-12 volt converter as a convenience for charging phones, etc, off the cigarette lighter.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts