Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering in what order everyone thinks i should get engine mods down to the ol 2.8?
I have a 99 2.8td GU and i would like to know what i should do first as far as effectiveness and also logical order?
I would like to get power chip, zhaust and block the egr.
And any other worthwhile mods people can think of.
Also just wondering if it helps to install a larger intercooler?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
nissan
536 Posts
The plating of the EGR would be the easiest and least expensive of all the mods you can do, so I'd tackle it straight up. It's an easy DIY job.

Power Chip and Zorst, will depend on how cashed up you are. I chipped mine first, and did the 3" exhaust many years later.

Another easy mod you can do is the removal of the Intercooler butterfly, this is another easy DIY mod, and will elliminate any chance of the intercooler circuit being blocked off.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Timming belt, tension pulley and idler pulley. Preferably genuine Nissan parts.

Make sure you loctite the bolt for the harmonic balancer too.

Won't make it go any faster but might help to ensure it keeps running!

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
757 Posts
i would also say if have just purchased and are unsure when the timing belt was changed to replace it.

Also check the harmonic balancer bolt as i helped repair one on the weeked that had fallen on and its not pretty.

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
i paid 170 delievered for my donator box, first thing id buy, turns it into a new car

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
dont do mods until you have egt and boost guages, then you can modify it safely. yours is already intercooled so a big free flowing exhaust and more fuel via the donator box (chip) will be your best bet when spending coin, and the egr block costs nothing.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot for the info guys...
i'll keep you posted with how it goes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts