Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
nissan
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting some but dont know much about them. Any one have any experience. Look like they may clog up a bit. Deciding between these, another set of MTZ's or KM2's in 33x12.5x15

Ben

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
that link is for the mt's not the "extreme mt's"
Correct but thats where everyone that owns extreme mt's leaves feedback, there are 8 post about the newer MTs.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Anyone using Xtreme MT2 ? Looking at these considering can't get jack**** over here

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
One of mates runs them and rates them highly. His are 33x12.5 17 on a GU wagon

Reactions: Sydo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Nup ok. I have ordered them. At least they are available in the West
Nice one Sydo, hopefully they will suit your needs and you'll be happy with them. Make sure you give us an honest review once you have put them through there paces.

·
Registered
nissan
286 Posts
I've got them in a 315/75-16, can't fault them! Good on the road wet or dry, not noisy for a mud tyre. Have used them on most terrain and seem good so far.

Only thing I'm unsure of is how long they'll last.. but to be fair I give it a hard time on the road and my LSD is shimmed pretty tight so its taking its toll on the rears ;)

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Good to know. Yep same size I am buying. I see in the States they have a guaranteed 40000 mile tread wear warranty

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
Did pro comp change their line up?

I swear there used to be a 'mud terrain' and an 'extreme mud terrain' and now they just have the latter?? I used to have the mud terrains and am considering another set.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I think the original MT is still sold but only in 37s, this size has bigger side bitters than the smaller sizes.
The new MT2 has been around for while now but there does seem to much difference from the first extreme mud terrain, tread pattern is identical, just sidewall strength and tyre compound changed.

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Pretty sure I read they use to come out if Cooper factory but now the Maxxis factory ?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Pickup
367 Posts
Cool Sydo! Nothing like a new set of tyres going on.

Ps; Serious siping i see,... thats always a good thing!

Reactions: Sydo
1 - 18 of 18 Posts