Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, wondering if anyone has a solution for my dull gq dash lights. (speedo and tacho) all stock, no aftermarket guages or anything.

Only the right hand side of the dash is dull, it still works to some degree but not as bright as the left side. Is this crappy wiring or a fuse?

Also if anyone could tell me where the dash light fuses are? i have had a look where all the others are in the side kick panel and none have 'dash'. Are the connected to something else?

Cheers in advance

Tom

·
Registered
nissan
503 Posts
the bulbs are probably gone, pull the dash apart and have a look behind the instrment panel, if they gone, replace them all with LED's, then it will be nice and bright:p

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bulbs are probably gone, pull the dash apart and have a look behind the instrment panel, if they gone, replace them all with LED's, then it will be nice and bright:p
Sounds like fun, pulling the dash apart haha not.

do you know of anyone that sells some decent replacement ones?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
truckster;

i think they are a T5 bulb, not a T10!
they should be a push in and turn, not a wedge.

in the DIY threads (use search, and it will take you some time) but Trev has a post in 1 of the threads with all the bulbs, codes etc to convert your whole truck to LEDs.

worth a read.

and i would use a white globe, cuz the dash has a color filter on them

·
Registered
nissan patrol
321 Posts
They are a wedge that pushes into the little black knob, the black knob turns to lock into the back of the cluster, its a 20 min job mate any good auto parts store will have the standard bulbs pack of 4 around $6 last time i bought them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts