Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Gq TB42e and i've fitted a GU TD42T airbox to her....

now my problem is that the bonnet wont close.... have i dose something wrong, or
do i have to modify more stuff to make it fit?

lol this conversion turned out harder than i thought

·
Registered
201 Posts
The top of the square pipe mount will hit the bonnet, it needs to have a 1.5" body lift for it not to hit.

You can try and round the square end off, but I think you will still have a issue:(

Only other option is to lower the air cleaner mounts (painful job) would be easier to put a 1.5" body lift kit in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The top of the square pipe mount will hit the bonnet, it needs to have a 1.5" body lift for it not to hit.

You can try and round the square end off, but I think you will still have a issue:(

Only other option is to lower the air cleaner mounts (painful job) would be easier to put a 1.5" body lift kit in.

Good luck.
Body lift won't make a difference as the airbox is mounted to the body not the chassis.

I have a TD42 and have just put my ZD30 GU airbox with no troubles, bolted straight into the existing holes, the top of my airbox misses the bonnet but just sits on the matting on the bonnet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I lol'ed at myself after I posted it, your right the lift is wrong. :sorry:

The reason I found was the bonnet stops on mine was buggered, put new ones in and adjust the bonnet height up a bit, you may also need to adjust the bonnet lock as well as it may not lock when you adjust the height.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok yeah, i was a bit premature with that call about not fitting.

with gentle persuation i made her fit...

i hate EFI cars, it's soo busy under the bonnet, the a/c lines are my biggest problem... grrrr

·
Registered
nissan
572 Posts
Can i ask what the benefits of putting this air filter on are?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just dont try and do the Donaldson cobra head conversion to the lid.. Just did it on the weeken and after some persuasion of the bonnet I am JUST able to close the bonnet..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
296 Posts
Looks very tidy.. Did you just cut off the sqaure bit (with the mesh filter) from the end and put the pipe over the top??

I have one to go in my TD42 and was not sure what the best way to tackle it would be..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks like the GU TD42t lid.. Has no Maf adaptor on it.. It comes with a 3.5" round outlet.. If you didnt want to cut your ZD30 lid could try looking for a pod filter adaptor from supercheap. Would probably bolt up to the Maf adaptor "square bit" and have a 3" or 3.5" outlet for a hose.

·
Registered
nissan
448 Posts
Is the 2.8 GU airbox the same/as good as the ZD30 airbox, as far as insalling in a gq?

·
Registered
nissan
81 Posts
Hi All,
I got a RD-28/30 pre cleaner for my GQ, its similar to the one in the picture but the top is a bit different, the neck is a bit flatter, means no modifications at all to let bonnet shut. Here are a couple of pic's of mine on my straight LPG powered TB-42s. Since these were taken I have had a new pipe made up between air box and throttle body, a lot neater than in pic's.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
72 Posts
I have a zd 30 lid on my 4.2 box I cut the maf adapter and the one on the afm and ran a silicone joiner cause it really wasnt water proof now it looks neat as and never had problems with it hitting the bonnet (I haven't checked but it closes fine) when I get my car back I'll throw up a pic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts