Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have the following problem that I am unable to solve.

Ever since I assembled the car, the driver's window has been bothering me. The window glass it moves left / right in the rubber seal and consequently does not close as it should.
I thought the problem was in the mechanical part of the glass guide so I bought new one. Since the seal around the glass was also in a bad shape, I bought a new one as well.
The problem now is that despite replacing the guide with a new one, the problem remains ...

I also disassembled the passenger door to see how it working the mechanical guide on these side and it is interesting that the glass it also has movement left / right, but it still rises and drop perfectly straight.

Does anyone have any suggestion what to do?

I also made a video so it is easier to imagine the problem.
The fact that the glass on video flows hard is in the new seal. The mechanism itself - without glass, runs flawlessly, as does glass also move it almost free by hand.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,748 Posts
I think the regulator arms to glass needs to be adjusted. If you have regulator out check if spring is still in gearing. Sometimes the spring is left out when a home repair is performed on the regulator and this causes up down play.

·
Registered
nissan
1,761 Posts
Are the plastic guides on the bottom of the glass positioned correctly one hasn't moved away from the edge a bit or has come loose. Also when the glass is in the regulator is it lined up correctly I don't rememder if you can adjust it with the screws.
I also use to put some lube spray on the tracks the wheels run in and on the cross over pivot point in the regulator so they ran smooth.

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The regulator I pulled out of the door look like this.
It doesn't really look to be something wrong with it, I just figured that it must have got some play somewhere, but it works the same as the new regulator I bought.

I ordered exactly the same, so I don’t think the original problem is in the regulator at all.

Even the plastic plugs on the glass look's solidly and are not wobbly or seems lose.

It's true that I didn't lubricate the guide, because on the previous one there is a lot of desert sand on the mechanism itself, which probably doesn't work very well to the regulator itself. Maybe I should try some dry lubricant? Still, I don’t think it has anything to do with how my glass rises.

I don't know what else to try. Such improper lifting in first place, is the cause that my rubber seal failed after all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts