Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wasn't sure where to put this.

Yesterday I bought a 2nd hand ARB steel winchbar and safari snorkel for $200, only problem is the bullbar doesnt have the bolts to attach it to the front, and the snorkel has no mounting kit or template to fit it. If someone can help me out with advice, that would be awesomely appreciated.

About an hour ago, I just bought 5x 33x12.50R15LT maxxis bighorns(90% tread, new spare) with new steel rims, 3" suspension lift, 2" body lift, TJM branded, all 4000kms old, fitted for $1200 and my standard suspension.

This will all be going on a 89 Patrol 4.2 N/A Diesel.

Is there anything else that I will need to have this all fitted which I havent mentioned above? If not, what should be my next upgrade? I am new to all this, recently posted to Townsville, and I am looking for help and advice in getting my Red Rocket to the point where I can go anywhere, (and still impress the chicks, im single and 22 if any chicks are reading this...)

New post will be added to the Member's rigs section when I start taking some photos this weekend.

Also, the patrol I have bought the wheels and the suspension off is up for sale by the owner as he just bought a wrangler.... Neatest, cleanest patrol I have ever seen in my life. Rivals the new ones at the car yard... if anyones interested in that, let me know, i'll patch you through, its a 1991 Manual TB42 with 260,000kms, I think he wants about 6-7k for it(dont quote me).

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
maybe check the bushes while youre at it? upper and lower control arms, panhards, outer link rods (get disconects ;) maybe even steering dampner? jus some ideas

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am having the guy who I bought it off install it for me, as I have no idea how to, I am hoping I can help out and learn. My plan is to keep it road legal, so I will need to get a mod plate for the removal of the far rear seats and the big lift.

I am hoping to get the 12,000lb Monster winch from Ironman today at lunch for $700.

I will get the guy to check all the parts while he swaps the suspension between the 2 patrols.

Does anyone know if I require a genuine kit to install the ARB winchbar? or can I just go to Bunnings and get some high tensile bolts? same story with the Safari Snorkel?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Get the bolts from a fasteners company. Depending on the model of winchbar it might need a fit kit. If you post some pics of the mount end it will make sence.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
I am looking for help and advice in getting my Red Rocket to the point where I can go anywhere, (and still impress the chicks, im single and 22 if any chicks are reading this...)
LOL fourbys don't impress chicks. You need *doof doof* and BOV uleh.

Does anyone know if I require a genuine kit to install the ARB winchbar? or can I just go to Bunnings and get some high tensile bolts? same story with the Safari Snorkel?
Bunnings is crap for bolts, go to a nut & bolt shop. As for the snorkel, I think you can order the template from ARB.

Might think about a turbo with those 33s.
Shouldn't be too bad with 33's. Mine gets about with 35's and no turbo.

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a couple of photos of the winch and one of the wheels, will post photos of the rest of the gear when I get back to them, currently stored at my sisters place until I can get around to picking them up again.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
73 Posts
hey mate i live up here in townsville to that looks like a good base to start from
ive got a pritty stock white gq ute with four play on the front window if ya see me give us a wave
also if you are keen i can show you some of the places we go 4x4 around town im pritty new to 4x4in
aswell let me know if your keen mate
i also get some good prices at oposite lock if you ever chasing anything let me know see if i can get you a good deal

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Nice starter there mate, if you need any body parts interior bits ect let me know i got basically a whole wagon sitting in my front yard for spares.
Im in Ayr just an hour drive away from ya looks like next weekend we are doing a Dalbeg run (if enough forum members get keen) so would be good to get you to tag along.

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm on exercise for a while around then, I won't be able to make it. I will be after a few parts eventually, any goodies attached? Also, what colour is it?

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
589 Posts
njw89, could you tell me the colour code for your car please.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
I'm on exercise for a while around then, I won't be able to make it. I will be after a few parts eventually, any goodies attached? Also, what colour is it?
she is charcoal blue colour, not overly just basic stuff like power windows for front glass from all doors barn doors are good and so are the hinges its just a parts car for all that little nitty crap that wears out and breaks with age, front and rear diff housings whole engine (tb42) and 5speed with transfercase tailshafts i think ya get the drift lol

·
Registered
nissan
227 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My colour code is "Red"

or, #FF0000 if your that way inclined...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
big lift big wheels and v8 gets them wet;)
hahah yeah very true when i had my 45series she was big tyres and loud v8 and my women made me put mufflers in it cause to many chickys wanted to go for a drive lol

when i say loud think twin 3inch system with only 2 hotdogs :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts