Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

PTO winch for 87 GQ?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  EMV204 
#1 ·
They are probably rare as rocking horse sh*t, but does anyone know where I would even start looking for a PTO winch for an early GQ?

#2 · (Edited)
Early bird?

Yep thats a early td42 gq for sure , eng number low is it?

And yes PTO winch for gq,s are a rare bird compared to the Toyota ones or after market
power autos or thomas,s that were also fitted to vehicles of that era
To be honest the drive-shafts and winch its self can be made up using those makes listed , but its the PTO itself ,thats the hard bit to find , and in reasonable condition.

Some do come up on trade me New Zealand , but with freight and the fact the bro,s now know there value , its really just to much.

Plus with the cheap, cheap electric winches, readily available seemly everywhere nowadays,
Its more something to fit if you find one cheap and local.

I have had a PTO on FJ45 cruiser and although there pretty well bullet proof , there are not really very user friendly or safe , compared to a remote operated electric one.

I was chasing just the PTO myself awhile back , cause I had some crazy notion of fitting a
air cond comp to one , under the car for pumping up big rubber, but came to my senses!

#3 ·
If you search the for sale section I am positive there is one for sale, it was posted up a few years ago and never sold and Buds Customs has one too for sale

Found the one in the forsale section , still there it's in VIC, buds is in QLD

#4 ·
Have to agree, even here in NZ where Safari's are numerous with PTO winches they often go for $750 plus including all bits and pieces.

#6 ·
That's a pretty good deal from kogan - in all respects probably better than a PTO winch, but I suppose I just like the idea of a PTO winch, and it would put a smile on my face every time I see it.

How do I find the for sale section? Clicked on the for sale and auction link at the top of the page but could only get a failed link to eBay.

White Whale: Yep, it sure is an early GQ, built 11/87, TD42 engine number just over 300, still less than 300,000k's too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.