Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I have a Munro Racing Highflow HT18 snail and believe my tuner has failed to develop all the available power by not adjusting compensator or reprofiling fuel pin. Who has experience with this combo (11mm. pump) and what settings did you use? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
nissan
545 Posts
That's the problem down here pat,from what I can see there's no one down here that really specializes in tuning diesels,not Like over on the big island!

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
nissan
2,918 Posts
Afr graph will tell you nothing about whether you a gained the best possible outcome by itself.
It is just one part that can be looked at in conjunction with other things.
But if your tune involved only fuel screw adjustment then most likely it was a waste of time money and effort.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I'm afraid of Bambill. I asked them to tune off the compensator, but not convinced they did.

·
Registered
nissan
2,918 Posts
Is the tin cover still on the fuel screw?
Or was it there before even.
A pump in good condition will get around 130kw give or take a bit before fuel needs adding on the screw. And if it's a Ti the playing with the fuel screw just brings a whole heap of other issues into play.

Marty

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
Is the tin cover still on the fuel screw?
Or was it there before even.
A pump in good condition will get around 130kw give or take a bit before fuel needs adding on the screw. And if it's a Ti the playing with the fuel screw just brings a whole heap of other issues into play.

Marty
Issues or variables?

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Truck is a 12/06 coilcab . So mechanical pump and it has been rebuilt. New injectors also.

·
Registered
nissan
2,918 Posts
That depends on youre level of knowledge and from all accounts the level is fairly low for most "tuners"
Good thing I am a plumber then.

Pat, 12/06 will or it should be a tcv pump. Which i should have said instead of Ti maybe.
If cover missing or damaged on the fuel screw then ask some questions about how they did it.

Marty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts