Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas

Who here is still using the Pva mod on 4.8 and has anyone reverted back to original setup?
I'm still using it and find it a big difference whilst towing and holding gear all the way to top of the hill.

Fuel consumption is slightly better.

Cheers
Muz

·
Registered
nissan patrol
325 Posts
Hi Muz,

I still am at present on my 4.8 manual, but to be honest really can't notice any difference sorry. Maybe someone else can tell me I'm wrong who has done it on a manual??? I mean yeh sometimes I feel it maybe better, maybe it just works best on the autos?

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think in manual mode you would notice anything mate. I notice also more torque down low. But manual gearbox would already have those benefits. Ie. hold gear, fuel consumption etc.
:)

·
Registered
2012 Y61 LWB 4.8L Auto Patrol.
106 Posts
There is definitely a difference, even my new exhaust sounds different.. I may modify the mods with the SAFA version.. the B version,modifying the vacuum lines and disconnecting the electrical activation, reconnecting the shaft and only operating it on engine vacuum.. at the moment, with it lock tied in the closed mode, there is definitely increased torque down low, with reduced power up in the higher rev ranges..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts