Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of fitting a PWR W2A intercooler on the GQ TD42+t I have a low mount Safari Systems turbo (8psi) with the factory airbox left to right on the rocker cover.

Does anyone know if a 8x4 PWR kit would fit? Ie will it clear the factory airbox and the bonnet also?

(I would be getting it brand new and cheap cheap)

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
Dont use a pwr water to air barrel. They are just really so far below the requirement its not funny.

Use a frozen boost core if the budget is tight, or order a core from Bell intercoolers or garrett and make one.

ive been considering making my own w2a and most of the ones i see with a tank on each end have both the water bungs on the same side is there dividers in there seems to me that the water would just flow to the outlet without going through the core at all or is that enough to transfer the heat

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
If they are on the same side there is a fair chance that there is a divider in there, or as you say the water would short circuit the core and just not work very well.

The frozen boost cooler tanks are very restrictive in the water passages, but they still work ok for the money. Best bet is to order the core size you require then get the tanks made out of sheet ally.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
I used to have a 10/6 PWR W2A, was good up to about 150 RWHP. Had for about 8 years. The new CC A2A is friggin excellent, real happy with it, except when changing oil filters. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts