Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping all of you at risk are able to get through this safely,we can never trust the media to show a balanced view of what's happening but we've seen some totally destroyed houses and an old historic building gutted.Reports of 57 fires,obviously some will be from wind bourne cinders,but I wonder about arson.?

Cheers,G.

·
It's all good
4,153 Posts
I have spent the last couple of days in Stanthorpe helping wife's elderly father get his house and yard in order just in case of a fire as his house backs onto Mount Marley lookout and the bush there is so dry that all it needed was a flying ember and it would of gone up in flames, There isn't very much green grass in the town it is so tinder dry, It's terrible and heartbreaking to see a once thriving town virtually on it's knees so to speak.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Had one close to our place today. Fortunately the RFS got it contained by about 3.30pm with no losses.
My mate has about about 150 acres down near Cobargo. He had to evacuate but went back about 10 hours later when things settled down. A wind change could have caused all the difference

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
Many years ago, bob carr, the then premier of nsw passed laws that fire bugs would get serious goal time. Well, fmd, a ‘child’ lit a fire that destroyed homes, businesses and people’s dreams. They let the little fuccker off because he had ‘diminished responsibility ‘. Apparently he wasn’t aware that what he was doing could cause problems. He was a Special Education Student, he knew exactly what was going on. They didn’t ask any of his teachers about his cognitive abilities, his (very expensive solicitor) brought in expert witnesses to back this little ***** up. The whole school staff was a tad annoyed.
I was his YLC.
Nice family, he was just a rotten apple.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Many years ago, bob carr, the then premier of nsw passed laws that fire bugs would get serious goal time. Well, fmd, a ‘child’ lit a fire that destroyed homes, businesses and people’s dreams. They let the little fuccker off because he had ‘diminished responsibility ‘. Apparently he wasn’t aware that what he was doing could cause problems. He was a Special Education Student, he knew exactly what was going on. They didn’t ask any of his teachers about his cognitive abilities, his (very expensive solicitor) brought in expert witnesses to back this little * up. The whole school staff was a tad annoyed.
I was his YLC.
Nice family, he was just a rotten apple.
our justice system at its finest. money and profile sets you free regardless the crime! anything else is subject of who they will upset

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
In Singapore, if an under legal age teen cause some kind of damage, the parent will have some responsibility.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Charged two last night, a girl n boy.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
We got evacuated in the middle of the night from red cliff camp ground just north or Brooms Head last saturday night.
Didnt take long for the fire to move all the way up to angourie.

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Bad childhood and mental illness
So let em off
Doesn't wash with me, they new what they were doing.

Foo

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Think his comments were tongue in cheek.
See what happens when you don't use emojis. 🤔

Foo

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to SKY NEWS,juveniles have been charged with "QLD ARSENAL",priceless,credible news source,NOT

Cheers,G.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Fires in Rocky came within 30m of our place. I have 2x 1000L pods and a fire pump. Had wet everything down nice and good by the time the firies made it up. Very impressed with the water bombing from the choppers though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Fires in Rocky came within 30m of our place. I have 2x 1000L pods and a fire pump. Had wet everything down nice and good by the time the firies made it up. Very impressed with the water bombing from the choppers though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Glad ya safe, because that's scary as chit, listening and watching fire when it's angry! :eek:

Foo

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
Just heard that fires are heading towards Wytaliba, for those not in the know, a lot of herbs are grown around there.
“How’s the fires going?”
“Cool,man.” 🙄😉🤣

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
12 Participants
patrol dude
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 is the best Nissan Patrol forum to discuss the SUV’s specs, parts, accessories, reviews, problems and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing