Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my QLD pool fence report.
Several small gaps need fixing (2 big sheets of polycarb and some small bits of timber),new gate hinges (dubious), new magnalock (dubious as a new one was fitted only a few months ago), new CPR sign (apparently the one I bought last year is now out of date) and some digging(soil removal) and rock removal.
It came attached with a handy quote from the inspector/fence installer for $1639.00 not including the digging and rock removal. This is on top of the $300 for the inspection and $100 for re-inspection even if I accept the quote.
These new rules allow fencing contractors to extort huge fees from unsuspecting (or interstate) home owners and its nothing more than state sponsored robbery.
All this apart from the blatant cash grab by Bligh the bottom feeder. A new Pool certificate is required every time the tenancy agreement changes, i.e. if you put the rent up, as most people do yearly. Die Bligh Die. :mad:

Rant Over

p.s. How much is 2400x1200 of polycarb sheet?

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
you rich blokes with your flash fancy pool should be able to afford it , queensland is broke remember , that's why Bligh is selling everthing and putting all the charges up ,
seriously though it is just a money grab , you've opened a big can of worms here

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
The Queensland Government is taxing everything that moves to cover the costs of all their mismanagement.

For crying out loud, Bligh has even introduced a Cat Tax...$20 per year. FFS!

·
Registered
Nissan
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being a Pom I insisted on a pool when we bought the place to live in. Now were renting it out I'm kicking myself.
I'd rather be kicking Bligh.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Heres a little giggle for yas
A bloke i worked with years ago had both a pool and a dam
The pool had to be fenced but the dam didnt
The dam wasnt 30-40 M from the pool

$20 for cat tax,sheeet should be way more
Dogs run free we pay all sorts to get back
Cats can rome free and p*ss everywhere they want

Speakin of a blatant money grab
Unregistered dogs out my way $400 on the spot fine
Im rural FFS

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
I hate that ****, so much so I bought a baseball bat to sit in the corner of the kitchen until the election.

So should start a bounty for labour party members...... paying double if they are also members of public service unions.

I farkin farkin farkin farkin farkin hate the useless ****s.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
I see the photo's of the fat bastards. Especially the one with the slobbering jowl. He can't pay the hospital staff, but he doesn't miss out.

What's worse I think is that Bligh's husband is a Head of Department (Climate Change I think.) This is pure nepotism...he's going to be impartial? Can't see it. Worse, she appointed him. This is disgusting and immoral. If you are the Premier you should not appoint family members to State Government positions.

They have got to go.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I agree with all that has been said, i hate the cow. Qld had awesomness, and now Anna has killed it.

but! if i mite add, you dont seriously believe the libs are going to be any better do you...

i mean really

·
Registered
Nissan
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An excert from the Pool Barrier Rules FFS!!!!

17. A canal, lake, river, creek, stream, pond, ocean or dam may form
part of a barrier where:
(a) the depth of water is continuously more than 300mm at any
point of the area of body of water adjacent to the barrier
specified in 17(b); and
(b) the width of the body of water immediately adjacent to the edge
of the pool area being protected is equal to or exceeds 1800mm
at any point of the body of water: and
(c) access is not available to the pool over or under the body of
water (see figure 20, 21a and 21b); and
(d) required barriers intersecting the body of water, either
(i) extend to the edge of the water and either overhangs the
water by 900mm; or
(ii) return 900mm along the edge of the water in at least one
direction (see figure 19); and
(e) the overhang or return fencing required by 17(d) must have a
surface that does not provide any projection or indentation
forming a handhold or foothold that would aid climbing

A Body of water may form part of the barrier to prevent drowning in a body of water.
So long as its at least 300mm deep or child drowning depth.
:ranting:

For Fcuks fcuking fcucks fcuk sake.
They've gone mad with their bureaucratic cash grabbing power.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
but! if i mite add, you dont seriously believe the libs are going to be any better do you...

i mean really
They cant do any worse so they can actually do better without trying.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
good post glort.

abolish state govt's. There's an idea

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
It's the same with every government.
Politics is the greatest con of all time. I can't believe it's still allowed to exist.
The whole thing is nothing more than a popularity contest funded by coprorate giants that want their interests looked after first and foremost.
The whole thing stinks to high heaven and the only reason it goes on is because people are too damn stupid to realise and stand up to it and the ones that aren't are on the gravy train.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Sounds like Bligh is a real c***

Cant all you farmers have a rally in the name of "we love Anna Bligh" and when she shows her face blow her ****in head off with a 12 gauge!!!

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
you dont seriously believe the libs are going to be any better do you...
After having to sit in at meeting with the LNP leader I honestly wouldn't trust him to feed my dog then again some of the current members aren't much better

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Governments change not so much because people think they will do a better job, it's just that they don't think the other guy can do any worse. Sadly this is continously proven wrong.
1 gazillion % correct

·
Registered
977 Posts
I agree

Federation is Australias biggest mistake, all it did was allow more pigs into the public trough.

I remeber seeing a Doctor Who episode way back. They were on a planet where the PM sat on a seat, announced the policy, and the people voted on it. If the majority agreed then the policy went through, if it was defeated then the PM was fried in the seat, and a new PM appointed.

Can we do that huh huh huh.

Power corrupts...............

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.

Sir Winston Churchill

State Governments role in the constitution was to prevent a consolidation of power (both executive and judicial) in one place. Unless you can somehow work this counterbalance into a federalist system then abolishing state governments is accomplishing nothing except a further unchecked federal government....... given the current hopeless crunts thats not a good thing.

Personally a better way to open up government is to prevent restrictions of information on anything except defence, policing and a few other minor. Populist politics happens because there is no record to scutinise. And dumb fcks like handouts.

And to abolish state governments you will have to get such a bill through parliament (2 houses in most states in which the government rarely holds a majority) and then have it ratified by majority vote of the electors. Once you get atleast 12 million votes and a parliamentary majority willing to vote itself out of existence then you stand a chance of making this reality. Until then the only option is to get better from what you currently have.

I would personally like to see an upper house reintroduced in queensland, as well as a proper standing royal commission in the ilk of the CJC with a mandate of "anyone, anywhere, anytime".

1 - 20 of 32 Posts