Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just returned from a 2 weeks camping on Fraser Island. Spoke to some people up there who got checked by Qld transport (insert put over the scales) as they where about to drive out to the barge at inskip point on the 27th of june.

They where apparently stopping every vehicle and doing this. He went 260 kg over, (dual cab hilux)

He was made to park and unload gear until he passed, had a mate with a boat he put the gear in.

Did anyone on here get caught up in this?

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
oops went 5.6t over the weighbridge at the dump yesterday with trailer loaded lol

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Stupid, stupid doing that. Soft targets make easy pickings.

Reactions: Gasburner

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
you win ^^^ haha,i figure if my wagon has an unladen weight of 2t and with no gcm on rego i can tow 1.5 times unladen mass so that gives me um- heaps? load her up? ah no it has a towing weight of 3t,gcm of 5t...bugger wish it was 1.5 times laden mass of 2880 which would allow towing weight of 4.2, gcm 7t hahahahaha

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,016 Posts
I should be right in the little shorty, I can take about a 900kg load before I'm at GVM lol.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Haha I weighed 3.9 ton just 930kgs over lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
yr 930 kgs is made up of drawers and fridge full of beer/iced coffee- 500kgs,twin bilge pumps,the rat family eating yr wiring 50kg haha,roof mounted solar array(without feed in tarrif)250 kg( includes mounting pod AKA canopy),water tank 50 kg,massive intercooler and 50kg bonnet scoop,200kgs of glasshouse mud in chassis rail and lastly yr mine spec dump truck tyres................................

purchase box trailer and tow everywhere hahahaha

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,016 Posts
Reactions: Gasburner

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
My new Colorado is a one tonner, I should have 900kgs to spare once I get in.

Did I hear fat muttered there.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
I havent loaded mine up too much so i wouldnt of hit 3t last trip, but seriously the patrols need a gvm increase like the toyotas have. With an upgraded rear spring perch kit (FnB 4wd make kits but no mention of gvm increase unlike ones for other models of car).

Steel bars all round and twin carriers, drawers and fridge, camping gear and a family would easy be over the gvm. Does anyone know of any patrols with gvm increased, whats involved?

Rick

·
Registered
892 Posts
Most new Dual cabs cant handle anywhere near full load on tray, has to spread accross axles, let alone the real issue of breaking them.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I just had a look at our GVM and the Patrol is allowed 4200kgs without trailer.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
yr 930 kgs is made up of drawers and fridge full of beer/iced coffee- 500kgs,twin bilge pumps,the rat family eating yr wiring 50kg haha,roof mounted solar array(without feed in tarrif)250 kg( includes mounting pod AKA canopy),water tank 50 kg,massive intercooler and 50kg bonnet scoop,200kgs of glasshouse mud in chassis rail and lastly yr mine spec dump truck tyres................................

God you make me sound like a Bogan all be it a hi tech one.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
God you make me sound like a Bogan all be it a hi tech one.

built not bought lol WSV

there is 4 patrols that stand out on this forum

WSV dual cab adventure special-like a modern day Rex Hunt edition(yours)
zoltans
leethals
sim 79
the slowzuki portal monster
boundary rider
o.s.h

the rest are awesome as well
ok so i can't count

·
Registered
nissan
35 Posts

Better make sure that it is a decent box trailer ! The garden variety box trailer will usually have an ATM of 750 kG's !

·
Registered
nissan
35 Posts
Get a polymate MATE! (hate that ad, for people that haven't seen it)

Polymate Trailers - YouTube

SAW Troll
Scotty
Both Polymate single axle trailers have an ATM of 750 kG, which is the maximum in all states unless brakes are fitted. Their 'load' is shown as 450 or 470 kG - not enough to satisfy our friend who is 930 kG overloaded in his tug.
The Polymate tandem could accommodate the 930 kG ok - it has a 'load' capacity of 1625 kG and is fitted with brakes.

BUT what a PITA towing a tandem off road - no thanks.

Check the specs at Car trailers Australia – Polymate Trailers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts