Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Patrol with a 2004 ZD30 engine. I am looking at blocking the EGR. When I do this do I have to fit a Dawes Valve, or can I just block the EGR and leave it at that?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
570 Posts
I'd be fitting the Dawes as well, when the EGR is blocked you'll find there will probably be more boost, so you'll have to do something to limit it.

Check out the Reference Document, ZD30 Y61 Reference Document Colour

Plenty of Information in here that will answer most of your questions about EGR, Boost etc. It sure helped me.

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just ordered a Dawes Valve (don't tell the missus) from 3barracing in America. Any instructions come with the unit?

Anyone installed this unit into their Patrol?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
570 Posts
From Memory you get the kit but no instructions.

Check out posts from Chaz, paul.helm, geeyoutoo and all the other Senior forum members, they have their Dawes set up with a few picci's in their albums that'll help.

Overall it's not a tricky set up, I've installed a dawes in my rig using the info from the forum... do a search, there will be more info than you could ever need.

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks for the info. Should be able to do them both on the weekend, after the parts arrive. Only trouble is if something goes wrong then there is no one up here to help :(

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been reading a few posts relating to Dawes Valves on here. Do I need to install the Needle Valve as well if I intend to block the EGR and fit the Dawes Valve.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
20 Posts
Hi Ckmclennan

I am moving to Nhulunbuy in a few weeks and have just recently blocked my EGR and installed a Dawes Valve and Needle valve in my GU as well as a catch can and intercooler fan. It took my Dawes about 2 weeks to arrive from the USA so if you can wait I can give you a hand. Have you ordered a needle valve as well??

Cheers

Brett
The Parfitt Family web Page

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Grand Tourer

I haven't ordered the needle valve yet, only the dawes valve. So in two weeks the dawes should be here.

I am looking at intercooler fans as well, this could be a fun adventure

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
20 Posts
I made a number of changes to the old girl this year and the difference has been amazing. I think the new exhaust and dumping the air purifier/ Cat has made the most noticable difference.

Having removed the inlet manifold and seeing first hand the build up of gunk from the EGR, blocking it is well worth the small amount of effort. I now have no boost spikes with the Dawes and needle valve installed. I have sent you a PM with my email address.

If you want a hand drop me a line

Brett

·
Registered
nissan patrol
570 Posts
I've only got a dawes, no needle valve as yet.

I've gotto pull my finger out and PM a certain forum member who lives nearby to arrange a few beers in exchange for some help.

Everything seems to work fine without it, I'm happy with my rig as is... for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts