• No but I'm going to say Yes anyway.

Votes: 89 34.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 3017 Posts

·
bit cold out it seems
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I am resisting the urge to unleash with a torrent of unwarranted abuse and inappropriate commentary directed at noone in particular this is really a kind of serious issue. Let's refrain.

So really, R U Ok?

http://www.ruokday.com/

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Never more OK! Getting the truck ready for Simpson trip in a couple of weeks!:driving:

:cup::iconbana::bananaro::cool:

The link wouldn't open for me but pretty sure I know where you're coming from. So I agree, let's refrain from the rubbish posts!!!

·
___BTDT___
42,195 Posts
Good to see your sensitive side emerging after all these years........

·
LED ZEPPELIN
12,289 Posts
Thuper, thanks for asking.

I agree with the sentiment, and can say with confidence that there are (not may be) plenty of people here on Patrol4x4.com who are struggling but are hiding their distress; that's what you do when you are depressed.

Don't be shy to just open up and say you aren't coping. It's a physical condition, you aren't mentally weak or any of the other misconceptions about depression.

·
Premium Member
24,601 Posts
I have a hangover and my back is killing me from relocating a shed yesterday so I answered no.
Apart from the physical work involved in moving the shed. I found out (again) how heavy a VF750 motor is. It fell of its engine stand as I was wheeling it accross the lawn and I caught it as it fell. Atleast it did not hit the ground and I was able to lift it back up on the trolley. :)
Everything else is ok expecially because I am on a week off and am as relaxed as you can get at home. Just need to find the missuses job list and burn it before I become a cripple. ;)

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
I'm not suffering depression. I just feel like sometimes all my flaws are in 3D on tge table in front of me and i feel powerless to do anything about it. Its like groubdhog day sometimes inside my head. As though i keep making tge same mistakes and i think why tge fark do i keep doing that!?

But tgen, people wouldnt come around to visit me or invite me around if i was a real knob. My boss would have sacked me if i was truly crap at my job. My wife wouldnt have married me if i was a real jerk.

So whilst i sometimes feel like an arsehole, failure and utter noob at life in general, i will say 'hey, Jack, i'm OK'.

·
Elmo
4,899 Posts
I'm feeling down because I'm currently being fcuked in the head by a beautiful woman. So much emotional confusion that goes along with it

But I'm feeling happy because my troll is in the shop getting repaired for free so I can get my fix for the weekend.

Found out the other week, X mrs elmo has started batting for the other team after being fcuked over by 2 different guys after we broke up in January, but now we're bestest mates so I suppose that's good yet fricken hilarious!

'What are you doin tonight Deccers?'
'Oh you know, just hanging with the Lesbian X Misso' - LOL

Rant over

·
LED ZEPPELIN
12,289 Posts
As though i keep making tge same mistakes and i think why tge fark do i keep doing that!?
Experience is the art of not making the same mistake too many times.

Mic, someone has swapped your G and H keys around.

BTW - you're normal. We are our own worst critics.

·
The Cable Guy
4,807 Posts
Thuper, thanks for asking.

I agree with the sentiment, and can say with confidence that there are (not may be) plenty of people here on Patrol4x4.com who are struggling but are hiding their distress; that's what you do when you are depressed.

Don't be shy to just open up and say you aren't coping. It's a physical condition, you aren't mentally weak or any of the other misconceptions about depression.
It's amusing that even when these words are spoken with true sentiment they still sound degrading and/or patronising. Maybe that's just me, maybe I'm just paranoid about my weakness of mind that allows for the manifesting ideas of my own inadequacies...

In all seriousness it's a difficult problem as it does immediately convey ideas of weakness and failure.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
12,289 Posts
^ That's what initiatives like RUOK and Beyond Blue are trying to change. In general, society's perception of mental illness is entirely incorrect.

·
The Cable Guy
4,807 Posts
Experience is the art of not making the same mistake too many times.

BTW - you're normal. We are our own worst critics.
^^^ Absolutely.

I think Einstein and several others said something along the lines of "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

And Limp Bizkit said "Life is a lesson, you learn it when you're through"

It always helps to have someone put your life in perspective I think as it often turns out that it isn't quite as bad you thought.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
13,249 Posts
Yes, I feel good thanks.

But I think Deccers will be feeling even better when his ex and her friend let him in on the action.;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Im not much one for sentiment or emotion, but i think that men in general, because of those around us, or who we have to support (yes its a bit sexist - woopee) hide what they're truly feeling.

I've had mates top themselves over it and beyondblue and the others are doing a ripper job.

Like Mic said, I too sometimes feel like its groundhog day, and i've let those down around me and sometimes it can really hit you hard, especially if you're supporting children and/or a wife, property, cars, wanting the best for your kids etc..

Theres all these strong feminist (haha) groups that look after 'each other' so, i think its great that men get the help they need.

I think its much easier for a woman to admit to her girlfriends that shes falling apart, rather than blokes to there mates as usually its a "youl be right" or " harden up " and generally if there at the part where there asking opinions, its well and truly sunk in.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
Life is a bitch for me ATM, but all i do is think that there is always someone worse off than me so I keep plodding along and say Bring it awn you wont beat me, gets pretty testing at times but i will survive...... I hope....

·
Gone Fishing
6,223 Posts
Life is a bitch for me ATM, but all i do is think that there is always someone worse off than me so I keep plodding along and say Bring it awn you wont beat me, gets pretty testing at times but i will survive...... I hope....
Im'e the same get down and out and thinking of the less fortunate starving kids etc. etc. soon snaps me outa it.But depression is a serious thing and great to have more services around for people that find it hard to cope.:)

·
Elmo
4,899 Posts
Duncs: That's what I said to her!!!

She's letting me give her physical pointers on how to pleasure a girl. That's gonna be interesting.

Saturday night here I cum.!!!

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I've met a few depressed people in my time, luckily none of them was so badly off that they carked themselves. Eventually those I knew came right, either by having medical treatment or just getting over it by themselves and maybe with some help from their friends.

Just thinking about those individuals now I realised that none of them had a pet or pets.

My advice is to get a pet. Shut the World down at 4pm or thereabouts and have a beer.
It's also helpful to remember that there are millions of people on the planet, many with dreadful problems. Just think about how much worse things could be and that puts life into perspective. That of course is all very well but I'd advise anyone who's feeling down to see the quack asap ... wonderful what some drugs can do (almost as good as booze.)

1 - 20 of 3017 Posts
About this Discussion
3K Replies
183 Participants
Haggie
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 is the best Nissan Patrol forum to discuss the SUV’s specs, parts, accessories, reviews, problems and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing