Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

R U Ok?

  • Yes

    Votes: 131 49.4%
  • No

    Votes: 43 16.2%
  • No but I'm going to say Yes anyway.

    Votes: 91 34.3%

  • Total voters
    265
3221 - 3240 of 3286 Posts

·
just a good guy.
2020 jeep Cherokee / 2009 gu ute
Joined
·
8,249 Posts
Worse part aout it mate is me and misso 45 are going away for a long weekend together (misso 45's b/day) and I wont be able to even have beers (antibiotics)..
Life is cruel.
And no sex either ha ha . Oops bad again.
 

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Joined
·
22,375 Posts
Just got home from hospital..Now have a UTI..rare in men but the use of stents can cause it.Painful to pee and lots of blood to go with it. Had a drip with antibiotics fed in and a coarse of pills to take.. Uroligist will let me know when stent can be removed tomorrow..Poor old bat feels like its been ran over atm.
Rare, WTF? My dad got an infection after his open heart surgery from the catheter and had to be put on the most expensive drug for UTI's that required Federal Government approval, because if the infection got to his heart, he was dead, as the infection was the worst possible one that you could get! :eek:

Don't take any chances with it, hammer the Drs if you think things are getting worse! ;)

Foo
 

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Joined
·
22,375 Posts
Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Just got the results for the MRI and I'm off for a biopsy, because there is a 18mmx8mm area of suspect not goodly on the left side of the prostate, well of course there is. :rolleyes: He said there's a 70% chance it may be nothing but the way things have been going for me lately that 30% is to high. Anyway, I'll find out in March and see if I get another kick in the guts! :poop:

Foo
 

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Joined
·
44,103 Posts
Good luck with it mate. My Daughter had a scare recently with call backs for cancer in 2 areas, she got the final results back Monday and all is OK, to say we were relieved is an understatement, I hope the results you get back are the same.
 

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Joined
·
44,103 Posts
Got my latest PSA results today and all is fine, still a mystery as to what is causing my issue, still on the Yakult trying to re establish gut protection following damage by aggressive antibiotics, oh well, life moves on so far.
 

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Joined
·
22,375 Posts
You got that extra bit of drain pipe out yet, 45?

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
Joined
·
155 Posts
Got my latest PSA results today and all is fine, still a mystery as to what is causing my issue, still on the Yakult trying to re establish gut protection following damage by aggressive antibiotics, oh well, life moves on so far.
Pro-Biotics good stuff to help get gut flora back back in order.

Relied on them for a few yrs, had big hit of antibiotics some yrs back 06, peritonitis from ruptured large bowel resulting from diverticular disease (condition was unknown to me)_close to the edge stuff (lucky I was not away up the mountains fishing or whatever). Had a Sigmoidectomy and have no bag now, thank goodness. Whole thing knocked me back for 7 or so yrs with 3 subsequent laparotomy thru to 2010. Not a happy chappy for some time (9 months off work after first op). No fishing/house building or much else for some yrs.

Now this all behind me but have a blood disorder ITP (very low platelet count of 16_normal is 150 to 400) and specialist wonders why I am not showing signs of bleeding, next six months of further monitoring with decide next step. They really do not know much of the conditions origin even though many suffer from it.

Difficult to have surgery as clotting is difficult. But look I feel good and have learnt to just do the good life and not get hung up on crap. Need to be careful as do bruise and bleed easy.
Every sunrise is a bonus.
 

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Joined
·
44,103 Posts
Pro-Biotics good stuff to help get gut flora back back in order.

Relied on them for a few yrs, had big hit of antibiotics some yrs back 06, peritonitis from ruptured large bowel resulting from diverticular disease (condition was unknown to me)_close to the edge stuff (lucky I was not away up the mountains fishing or whatever). Had a Sigmoidectomy and have no bag now, thank goodness. Whole thing knocked me back for 7 or so yrs with 3 subsequent laparotomy thru to 2010. Not a happy chappy for some time (9 months off work after first op). No fishing/house building or much else for some yrs.

Now this all behind me but have a blood disorder ITP (very low platelet count of 16_normal is 150 to 400) and specialist wonders why I am not showing signs of bleeding, next six months of further monitoring with decide next step. They really do not know much of the conditions origin even though many suffer from it.

Difficult to have surgery as clotting is difficult. But look I feel good and have learnt to just do the good life and not get hung up on crap. Need to be careful as do bruise and bleed easy.
Every sunrise is a bonus.
Hang in there mate, last year was not my finest in my 74 years, actually started feeling old for the first time in my life, but the light at the end of the tunnel may not be a train...... Forgot to mention the pro biotics, I'm on SB Floractiv, ran out so just bought the 120 pill bottle this morning.
 

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
Joined
·
15,448 Posts
I will be disappearing from the forum for awhile, maybe for good (I hear a hooray from some lol)

My new lady had to go to the doc 2 weeks ago with pain in her stomach.

With much heart break further tests have returned a diagnosis of T1Hg bladder cancer. She has to undergo surgery on Tuesday.

At this time it seems to not have broken out of the bladder and so, hopefully, they have caught it soon enough.

For a very physical, vibrant and outgoing lady this has devastated her and, as would be expected, she has broken down with fear and anxiety for her future.

She has told me she would understand if I ended the romance and ran a mile. She obviously has a lot more to learn about me...

So I fly out of Perth today bound for Bundaberg to help and support her through this difficult period.

I wish all those who have posted here well. It is not easy to lay your soul bare, most wont so it is actually a very brave and courageous thing to do. More importantly, it is essential to healing. Bottling things up can, and does, kill people. Keep up the good work.

All the best.

Kim
 

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Joined
·
12,160 Posts
Good luck with everything DB, if you need a short break, you have my number and address.
 

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Joined
·
22,375 Posts
Hope all goes well for ya lady, DB. That's a chit of a thing to happen and a fight is on the cards now. Make sure that you do, keep us informed!

Foo
 

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Joined
·
44,103 Posts
I sincerely hope all goes well for you and your Lady, I fully expect you to return to keep a few on their toes, I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you on the WA trip and when you did your trip across here. We actually go back a long way and I will always remember the support you showed both phyiscally and mentally during the missing money debacle of many years ago.
Thanks for your input.
Ross
 

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Joined
·
44,103 Posts
@DB-101 BTW, you have my ph and I think email, let me know how you go, I can easily duck up to Bundy for a chat one day. Everyday is Friday for me unless I'm tripping around, hey, haven't stayed at Bundy for a while.
 

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
Joined
·
15,448 Posts
@DB-101 BTW, you have my ph and I think email, let me know how you go, I can easily duck up to Bundy for a chat one day. Everyday is Friday for me unless I'm tripping around, hey, haven't stayed at Bundy for a while.
Cheers Ross.

Yes I have your contact details, I even have your address so you can't hide lol. And you are always welcome where ever I am.

Regards,
Kim
 

·
Registered
nissan gq
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
I will be disappearing from the forum for awhile, maybe for good (I hear a hooray from some lol)

My new lady had to go to the doc 2 weeks ago with pain in her stomach.

With much heart break further tests have returned a diagnosis of T1Hg bladder cancer. She has to undergo surgery on Tuesday.

At this time it seems to not have broken out of the bladder and so, hopefully, they have caught it soon enough.

For a very physical, vibrant and outgoing lady this has devastated her and, as would be expected, she has broken down with fear and anxiety for her future.

She has told me she would understand if I ended the romance and ran a mile. She obviously has a lot more to learn about me...

So I fly out of Perth today bound for Bundaberg to help and support her through this difficult period.

I wish all those who have posted here well. It is not easy to lay your soul bare, most wont so it is actually a very brave and courageous thing to do. More importantly, it is essential to healing. Bottling things up can, and does, kill people. Keep up the good work.

All the best.

Kim
I'm a grumpy old bugger,but enjoy your input,and we are all just a keyboard away so don't pull the pin.I hope all goes well for your lady and you,yes life's a **** at times and you ask,what the hell is going on ? A couple of decades ago,in a period of 18 months I lost my eldest brother,Father,a great mate and an Aunt,and actually walked outside and yelled at the sky "enough" and it apparently was ! crazy,but it made me feel a bit better.

All the best,G.
 

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
Joined
·
3,676 Posts
Good luck to you and yours DB, I only know you through your posts on here and you are clearly a positive thinker!.
Cheers
Jamie.
 
3221 - 3240 of 3286 Posts
Top