• No but I'm going to say Yes anyway.

Votes: 91 34.3%

• Total voters
3241 - 3260 of 3286 Posts

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
Well because I'm still awake n had fork all to eat today and onto my 2nd bottle of yummay wine, wiff a chicko roll n some crap from a chookin place, no not some Kent Turkey Forked Duck and just not gettin any closer to winding off, so that I can sleep, I'm just gettin angry, which in turn, will keep me awake! 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
Still awake n on my 3rd bottle of wine, a red one now. 🤬

Foo

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,840 Posts
Ya see the problem wiff holidays n me is....................it takes me two weeks, at the very least, to relax off enough and become refreshed. This has always been the way with me, so by the time that I start to feel good, it's time to get back into it! 🤬

Full moon time is even worse = one week before n after, my sleep is even worse. Yet, we have fork-wit PHD holders, say codswallop! 🙄🖕🤬

Foo
Transferring this here so you know I'm not just taking the piss...

So take a month off then. Not telling you how to suck eggs, but I can't see you improving going on the same merry go round day in day out.
I know you have a lot of chit going on Foo and I know it is easier said than done, but seriously mate, I think you need a break away from it all.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
Transferring this here so you know I'm not just taking the piss...

So take a month off then. Not telling you how to suck eggs, but I can't see you improving going on the same merry go round day in day out.
I know you have a lot of chit going on Foo and I know it is easier said than done, but seriously mate, I think you need a break away from it all.
I know ya better than ya think I do, Guey. A month of does Jackchit also now, because I've been burnt out for the last 5yrs. I'm looking forward to retirement in another 4yrs. ;)

I do what I do, because it's what I have to do, not because I want to and that, is the part that family and friends, can't grasp! Everyone goes ...........................well just get another job, well in this industry, it's six days a week and I'm not, prepared to do that anymore. I work from 9hrs to 18hrs a day, how do you recon ya would go with that, at my age?

I have missed and sacrificed a lot, with my family and the kids growing up. My love of competitive cycling I gave away, because I couldn't bare to ride in the lower grades. I was an Elite rider in the State squad, so because I couldn't put in the time to stay at that level, I gave it away. 😥

Now because of my..............honestly, I don't know what to call but focus on money each week, so that we didn't need to worry to much about money, I've been slammed big time. Then there is all of the chit with different skin cancer and prostate having an area that is not goodly.

My body is forked for daily physical work, because of my back hips n shoulders, just as a starter but I can ride/race my bikes, without to much pain, just need to take a minimum amount of painkillers.

I will say it here and now, that if the biopsy comes back as nasty and I guess a long struggle to beat it, I don't know if I can keep fighting. That saying that you can only kick a dog so many times before it get gets backup, is where I'm at now.

I'm not talking buying a gun or any chit like that, I will just say goodbye and find somewhere that nobody knows me and let nature take it's course. I'm an arsehole to keep taking tablets for any length of time but this dog is just about out of fight.

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
I know ya better than ya think I do, Guey. A month of does Jackchit also now, because I've been burnt out for the last 5yrs. I'm looking forward to retirement in another 4yrs. ;)

I do what I do, because it's what I have to do, not because I want to and that, is the part that family and friends, can't grasp! Everyone goes ...........................well just get another job, well in this industry, it's six days a week and I'm not, prepared to do that anymore. I work from 9hrs to 18hrs a day, how do you recon ya would go with that, at my age?

I have missed and sacrificed a lot, with my family and the kids growing up. My love of competitive cycling I gave away, because I couldn't bare to ride in the lower grades. I was an Elite rider in the State squad, so because I couldn't put in the time to stay at that level, I gave it away. 😥

Now because of my..............honestly, I don't know what to call but focus on money each week, so that we didn't need to worry to much about money, I've been slammed big time. Then there is all of the chit with different skin cancer and prostate having an area that is not goodly.

My body is forked for daily physical work, because of my back hips n shoulders, just as a starter but I can ride/race my bikes, without to much pain, just need to take a minimum amount of painkillers.

I will say it here and now, that if the biopsy comes back as nasty and I guess a long struggle to beat it, I don't know if I can keep fighting. That saying that you can only kick a dog so many times before it get gets backup, is where I'm at now.

I'm not talking buying a gun or any chit like that, I will just say goodbye and find somewhere that nobody knows me and let nature take it's course. I'm an arsehole to keep taking tablets for any length of time but this dog is just about out of fight.

Foo
Fully understand how you feel mate, had a nasty scare last year and I thought a lot about it, decided I wouldn't fight it, just let nature take its course. As someone who put in long hours for many years and was on call 24 hours a day in quite a few places I know the strain this can cause, I'd have a week holiday here and a week there because of workload then it hit me, it was a waste of time, it was taking a week for me to come down so the minimum had to be two weeks off to gain any benefit. Having said that, sitting around for two weeks is worse than working hard for 2 weeks, you need to go somewhere and do something 'DIFFERENT'.
My 2 cents worth.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,160 Posts
Prostate cancer can be beaten if it hasn’t spread. Just get the prostate removed. A big warning though, I know you are having your biopsy done under general, they warn you not to do or sign any legal stuff for two weeks after the general. Should be six weeks.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,639 Posts
My FIL has now decided to let nature take its course. Wife and I totally are against it but it’s his choice even though his wife has brain washed him
He’s had a stroke and depends on her and she resents him for that , he has skin cancer that’s progressed through his body, remember I told you about his ear having to be amputated.
Now he has puss leaking tumors on his legs and arms tam hat he was getting radium treatment for, bt now we have heard it’s all too hard for them so he will just let God do his thing they said to us.
What a way to go. But at the end of the day it’s his life and decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,639 Posts
Prostate cancer can be beaten if it hasn’t spread. Just get the prostate removed. A big warning though, I know you are having your biopsy done under general, they warn you not to do or sign any legal stuff for two weeks after the general. Should be six weeks.
Yep my dads had it and he is all good now. 84 and about to have two corotid arteries removed from his neck.
He seems to love operations.
He has had open heart done in 1975
Has had prostate cancer
Liver cancer
Cataract x2
Still plays golf and after 70 years wearing glasses no longer has to.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
512 Posts
I havn't posted on this thread for a while.
Since the surgery on my arm life is slowly getting back to normal.
Thankfully the surgery was a resounding success.
Apparently only 8% of people that have the opp i had have 100% recovery like i have.
The grip strength is equal in both hands and pretty much pain free which hasn't been the case for several years.
I'm back on my surfboard and loving every minute of surfing again.
I'm back at work and only one more checkup by the surgeon in 3 months and I'm off work cover.
So while the news is good, last year has taken its toll on me.
Physically I'm struggling to get back in the groove and feeling all of my 53 years and a few extra.
Mentally, now this is where the quicksand is lurking.
I was off work for exactly a year, while this sounds great it was no fun at all and has left me financially crippled and marritally strained to breaking point.
Motivation is non existant. As much as i love surfing, 4wding & camping, i cant seem to get excited about any of it.
By the time I've driven home from a great surf I'm almost depressed.
Had a fantastic night run in glasshouse a few weeks back with zd30 trev & alex, great drive, had a ball, but woke up the next morning & didn't want to get out of bed.
Its not straight up depression, its an utter lack of motivation. Some might say its the same thing, but i feel there is a difference.
I'm trying to be positive, organising camping trips with mates & stuff i know will be fun, but deep down i don't want to go.
i just hope one morning I'll wake up & snap out of it.
mabey i need to watch a 60 minutes episode on 3rd world poverty and get a wake up call on how good we really have it here in ozz.
it has been too long since i woke up in my swag to the sound of the surf at d.i. and the last time i was there i couldn't fish or surf cos of my arm. That wasn't a good weekend.
so my plan is to get up to d.i. asap and surf & fish & chill in my hammock.
i like the sound of that. If that doesn't snap me out of this slump nothing will.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,033 Posts
Apparently only 8% of people that have the opp i had have 100% recovery like i have.
The grip strength is equal in both hands and pretty much pain free which hasn't been the case for several years.
I'm back at work and only one more checkup by the surgeon in 3 months and I'm off work cover.
Physically I'm struggling to get back in the groove and feeling all of my 53 years and a few extra.
I was off work for exactly a year, while this sounds great it was no fun at all and has left me financially crippled and marritally strained to breaking point.
Motivation is non existant. As much as i love surfing, 4wding & camping, i cant seem to get excited about any of it.
Had a fantastic night run in glasshouse a few weeks back with zd30 trev & alex, great drive, had a ball, but woke up the next morning & didn't want to get out of bed.
Its not straight up depression, its an utter lack of motivation. Some might say its the same thing, but i feel there is a difference.
I'm trying to be positive, organising camping trips with mates & stuff i know will be fun, but deep down i don't want to go.
mabey i need to watch a 60 minutes episode on 3rd world poverty and get a wake up call on how good we really have it here in ozz.
it has been too long since i woke up in my swag to the sound of the surf at d.i. and the last time i was there i couldn't fish or surf cos of my arm. That wasn't a good weekend.
i like the sound of that. If that doesn't snap me out of this slump nothing will.
Hey yb, thanks for the entertaining nightrun through Glasshouse. Other than the usual mundane daily life things, it's all I've really thought about since. Put a real skip in my step. I'm sorry you're not in the same head space..........but I do have an awesome bit of dashcam footage of you driving that last big rutted hill. The audio over the uhf when you got to the top would make anyone smile😜😁. Alex loved it too. We often talk about it!
Speaking of, what are you up to tomorrow? I know its wet but surely there's a track somewhere that's drivable? Or even come on over here. I'll put the kettle on😉.

If you head up to DI and want a bit of company one day, give us a hoy. The kids and I might be able to sneak up there and interrupt your solitude for a couple of hours!

Anyway mate, you've got my number and you know where I live🙂

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,033 Posts
@Foo

At the risk of stating the obvious, you've got a lot going round in you're head at the moment. I can say I never got as low as you, but then I only went through a relationship breakup, not health issues at the same time.

It's normal to go through a 'mad then sad' stage as part of the grieving process. I'd guess you'll do that for both the lost relationship as well as your health issues. Just being aware of this part of the process may help you get through it. Talking will definately help, if not with a professional, then keep posting here so we can be a shoulder for you to lean on.....

This stage will pass, however there are no shortcuts. Life will become less stormy and the clouds slowly roll back as you work your way though the darkness. Keep looking forward and find new reasons to get out of bed each morning.

Just know there are people here that give a **** and will lend an ear if you need to clear your head. No judgement, just hand up if you find your struggling to scramble over the next hurdle.
And Take care of yourself, sometimes your all you've got.😉

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
@Foo

At the risk of stating the obvious, you've got a lot going round in you're head at the moment. I can say I never got as low as you, but then I only went through a relationship breakup, not health issues at the same time.

It's normal to go through a 'mad then sad' stage as part of the grieving process. I'd guess you'll do that for both the lost relationship as well as your health issues. Just being aware of this part of the process may help you get through it. Talking will definately help, if not with a professional, then keep posting here so we can be a shoulder for you to lean on.....

This stage will pass, however there are no shortcuts. Life will become less stormy and the clouds slowly roll back as you work your way though the darkness. Keep looking forward and find new reasons to get out of bed each morning.

Just know there are people here that give a **** and will lend an ear if you need to clear your head. No judgement, just hand up if you find your struggling to scramble over the next hurdle.
And Take care of yourself, sometimes your all you've got.😉
Thanks Trev, I'm plodding along okay 🙂 and even the bloke that I drive for has remarked on that and we've been working together for 30yrs. 😱

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
It can be a chit of a head space when you have been through that length of time trying to get fixed up :( but keep in contact with those around you, that give a chit about ya, like us arseholes here. 😇

What I've found is not to dwell on the situation for very long, just try (and this is the hard bit, the try) stay just above that level where ya get into the rut.

I got back onto my treadly last weekend and all of the mates that I ride with up here, all said how good it was to have me back in the group, because they missed my banter and hangin chit on them, much the same way as I am here and that, really surprised me. 😲

Foo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
512 Posts
Spot on foo.
I get no job satisfaction any more so i look for it elsewhere now.
Like the reversing light i just upgraded. Took half a day but i went all out and did as good a job as i could possibly do.
Felt like i achieved something by the time i finished it. Felt good.
And I've distanced myself from some negative friends, i only want the ones around me at the moment that have something positive to say.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
About time that we had an update from @DB-101?

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
No I'm not, I'm gettin plissed off with this beer virus chit and then the stuffing around with this forum by those that are using us, as guinea pigs. Go try your updates with the so called big forums and leave us alone!

Never had a problem with trying to edit text before but now I get this blue box that takes over everything. It maybe trivial but when you want to chill out, it's a bloody pain in the arse. 🤬 🤬 🖕

Foo

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,639 Posts
No I'm not, I'm gettin plissed off with this beer virus chit and then the stuffing around with this forum by those that are using us, as guinea pigs. Go try your updates with the so called big forums and leave us alone!

Never had a problem with trying to edit text before but now I get this blue box that takes over everything. It maybe trivial but when you want to chill out, with your finger in the arse, it’s near impossible

Foo
Fixed

3241 - 3260 of 3286 Posts