Votes: 43 16.2%
  • No but I'm going to say Yes anyway.

Votes: 92 34.6%

• Total voters
3321 - 3340 of 3350 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
@rgren2 mate, I certainly hope your outcome works out better than ours.

So I've been in and a bit lately and mostly out. I haven't re-read my previous posts and the timing I had written but I'm flat out remembering what's happening from which day to which day.

So the wife's breast cancer diagnosed July last year was treated till this April when they found it has returned and spread to the bone in her leg. She got out of hospital about weeks ago, surgery about 5 weeks ago. This for any one interested is her new bionic leg.

So she has about 3 inches at the top of her femur left and they also took about 3 inches from her tibia to make the full joint. Recovery from such major work has been very slow and getting her down with the continual pain.

Thing now is leg started hurting more last week so back up to A & E to check it out and they were thinking likely small fracture around the "nail" that helps lock the prosthesis into the bone in the lower leg, however scan has revealed fresh cancer has already spread to the tibia which was clear previously so not sure if separate of if the cancer has caused the fracture. None of that matters though because due to the agressiveness the cancer is displaying they don't think chemo will be successful enough weighed up against what it is likely to do to her Colitis and they all agree that there will be no quality of life to be dealing with Colitis symptoms as especially with such reduced mobility and likely bedridden.

So we got the shellshocking news about 10.30pm Friday night, I knew it was bad when they woke me up at home and asked me to come back in that late to talk to the doctor as a couple. i was kinda hoping he was just being a bit weak as a young doctor and leaving the wife to talk palliative for fear of saying something wrong but the Oncologist pretty much confirmed the same on wednesday. So we are down to a week of radiation to I guess reduce what is in the leg to help control pain and then over to the palliative team to plan to try to manage the pain going forwards. They are yet to decide if they will still proceed with a full body PET scan to see if there is spread anywhere else in the body as it is a very long scan and she can barely tolerate the scan time for the leg radiation set up or the actual radiation time for the leg which is about 20 minutes. The position they have to put the leg in to do all this puts too much weight back on it for her to tolerate. They had to bomb her with the morphine drip today just to get through the radiation.

So to say neither of us can really comprehend this given the original and relatively straight forward breast cancer diagnoses was just less than 12 months ago is an understatement.

And just to add insult to injury disease, still with the COVID bu115hit I am only allowed to visit her for 2 hours a day max and if anyone else wants to see her, family or otherwise, it's max of 2 people per day and the 2 hours total and prior to 5.00pm. Great when just about all her friends and family are at a minimum of an hour away from the hospital.

Tried to channel some good vibs the other day and give her visual indication of my support, thinking we just had to be strong to see the leg rehab thing through and we could get back to a "normal" life looking forwards....

but clearly that didn't work. I've always thought we, especially her who wouldn't even intentionally hurt a bug, were good people but apparently something in the universe has taken offence to us trying to be happy.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,597 Posts
I feel for you. We have some stuff to do next week. Then the following week more stuff. If the results are as we think, it’ll be a trip to Brisvegas for more stuff.
Fluck cancer.🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
@festerGU, so sorry to read this but I would suggest that it had already escaped into the body when the first symptoms were found. It's going to be a hell of a time for you both and I hope that the outcome will be good. Good support around you will be critical for you both, because coping alone isn't an option for this mongrel chit. :cry:

Just remember that you're not alone and those of us here are open for a chat and as a listening/sounding post for you. Hammer the Dr's for information and don't let them control what info, they give you, even when it's something that's not good, because if you are fully informed, you can cope much better but that's just me as a person, you maybe different.

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
I feel for you. We have some stuff to do next week. Then the following week more stuff. If the results are as we think, it’ll be a trip to Brisvegas for more stuff.
Fluck cancer.🤬🤬🤬
Hope it's not what you think and wish you and ya girl, all the best.

Foo

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,129 Posts
@festerGU @rgren2

My thoughts are with you guys. Wishing you strength and courage.

Be sure that if your ever feeling alone in this you get back here and share what's on your mind.
Know that we are thinking of you and you're not alone.

Take care

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
@troytheboy Well, what's the outcome from the probing? :unsure:

Foo

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,676 Posts
I'm not on here often these days but still check in periodically, it saddens me to read of your woes, festerGU, you have my best wishes as does everyone else
going through any issues.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
Been reading some stuff about Aspergers and much of this that is discussed in this page, I can relate to. Anyway, I have finally made the appointment to see my Dr and get the ball rolling. It's only taken me 7wks to remember at the appropriate time and not at stupid o'clock. ;)

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,597 Posts
Woo hoo, a great day, wife had her stuff done, everything is ok, caught before any problems could occur.
Results from my biopsy, just a cyst.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,771 Posts
Been reading some stuff about Aspergers and much of this that is discussed in this page, I can relate to. Anyway, I have finally made the appointment to see my Dr and get the ball rolling. It's only taken me 7wks to remember at the appropriate time and not at stupid o'clock. ;)

Foo
Get your doc to refer for a CBT course. It is a good start - I am speaking from experience.

And it is subsidized by the government so free for ten sessions.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
Well ma Dr is looking for someone to read my head and has told me that making a diagnosis for Aspergers, will not be easy because of my age. He stated the reason is because as we get older, we adapt to the way we do and handle things.

Doing another course of Duramine for my weight but he was a bit stunned when I told him that I wasn't high or had any affect from it on my sleep. Well that's different, he remarked. :unsure: 🤣

So we'll see what pathway is ahead of me now for tryin to get on top of my scrambled brain and habits also.

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
May have found the right combo of drugs for better than an hour of sleep at a time. Two 3mg melatonin and one 5mg Diazepam. Did that last night and I went 3hrs without waking up. :unsure: 👏

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
Well the ball has started rolling. I saw the Dr this afternoon and gave him the list of questions that he gave me to fill out and he looked at it and said...........that's a fair few. :oops:

He then proceeded to ask me another dozen questions for the referral forms for which I was supposed to answer without over thinking the question. :eek: Well for me, that's not a simple exercise but I did it with some toing and froing on a few of them.

Then he asks if I want to go the medication way but also see a "psychologist" as well as a "psychiatrist "? Ummm, tell me what the difference is and he does that, so I'm going the 'psychiatrist" first, so that I can get assessed for the dex if he deems that will help and then the other. If I can't take in what the "psychologist" is trying to tell me, I may as well just bang my head against a brick wall. :unsure:

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
Here is the honest assessment from me and then I gave it to my wife and she added more, so my soul has been laid bare here. (y)

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,771 Posts
Here is the honest assessment from me and then I gave it to my wife and she added more, so my soul has been laid bare here. (y)

Foo

You are not alone. I can (and probably many others) relate to many things on that list. Seems to be getting worse as I age.

But it is a good start. I try every day to modify some of my bad behaviour. I am surprised my two sons still talk to me after the way I have (and still do at times) treated them. I now have to pull them up when I see them displaying some of my bad behavioural traits I have passed on. This pains me the most.

Also remember no one is perfect. And pat yourself on the back when you have a good day.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts

Foo

Hang in there mate, but be aware some of the things on that list would be common to quite few men of vintage.

3321 - 3340 of 3350 Posts