Votes: 43 16.0%
  • No but I'm going to say Yes anyway.

Votes: 92 34.3%
3401 - 3420 of 3462 Posts

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
That's a tough situation for anyone. Hope she can get some good help.

Foo

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,301 Posts
Home all is as well as could be expected . Just spending time trying to get referrals all sorted and appointments in place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to here she is home with the family. I imagine these times are not easy for anyone within your house.

I'm curious in what role you see yourself in? Not easy being the step parent........
Do you get along with the daughter ok?
Do you see yourself as direct influence to her?
Or is your role more supporting your partner and holding the fort together?
All are massively important roles and it's important you feel comfortable (as can be expected) within it.
We are here if you find you need to vent or unload.
Good luck. I hope she finds her 'happy place' sooner rather than later.......for everyone's sake

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: [email protected]

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,278 Posts
For me it’s a new relationship 3 months . We click pretty well, feels a lot longer then 3 months and her daughter appears to love me very much . She’s autistic which is a whole other level . I just try to be a best friend to her. She’s a different kid 17 but mentally only really 12 . We have the ball rolling on a few things but if we did not push it nothing would happen and we would get lost in the system

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,301 Posts
Sounds like you're very comfortable of your place in the 'family' unit. That's awesome. Consistency is key for all kids, disability or not.
Advocating for someone's needs is a tiresome and thankless job, but nothing happens by itself. Development and growth will be your reward for being proactive in seeking help. Unfortunately it's the only way.
Good luck mate. It's likely to get a bit tricky every now and then, especially being a step parent.

Reactions: geeyoutoo and Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Head space isn't real good at the moment, as I was involved in a major accident on Monday morning in the truck. A friend sent me a vid that a mate in Sydney had sent him and it was of my accident. He didn't know that it was me and I didn't know it was the one that I was involved in, till I started watching it. Two people taken to hospital but no one killed, for that I'm grateful but now I've relapsed back to how I was after the accident. This will be all that I say about it now, until I can get my head back together again.

Foo

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,278 Posts
**** mate that’s not real good . Would be pretty confronting seeing your accident on video . Glad no one was killed , and try to remember they call them accidents for a reason . It’s not deliberate its an accident .

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
@Foo take it easy mate. Try and stay off the grog and keep on your bike for a bit to keep your head clear. Grog won't help it (y)
I haven't hit the grog, only had 4 beers since it happened.

Foo

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,301 Posts
Sorry to here this @Foo .
Hang in there mate, take some quiet time to yourself, for yourself. Self care is a top priority.

My cousin owns a fleet of trucks near Penola (SA). He had a major incident only a couple of years ago. Took him a while to get his head straight but he's ok now. Turned out the other vehicle involved left a suicide note on the kitchen table as they left home that morning. Doesn't make it any easier though.

Not saying your incident is similar but you never know what the day may bring.
You guys spend so much time on the road. Law of averages says your going to be faced with drama at some stage in your career.

Thoughts are with you. Remember, there's no judgements here. We're here to support you however we can.

Reactions: rgren2 and Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Thanks blokes, I was starting to get into a better mind set over it, till I watched it happen and then it was Ground Hog Day again. The one thing that I took from watching is.........I wasn't sitting up the arse of anyone and that confirmed what I thought, because I've lost a couple of seconds of the event.

Watching the vid, also showed that one of the cars that was involved had gone up the side of the road alongside of the armco and another truck that was 4 vehicles in front of me and only a single, was zigzagging to pull up in time but I was just over 60tn and didn't stand a chance. 🙁

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Just saw it on the news also and the dumb forks said I slammed into stopped traffic! 🤬🤬 Funny they didn't say anything about the bloke, that called his wife first, instead of emergency services first, as I did! 🤬 🤬

Foo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,411 Posts
Just saw it on the news also and the dumb forks said I slammed into stopped traffic! Funny they didn't say anything about the bloke, that called his wife first, instead of emergency services first, as I did!

Foo
Sorry mate, as long as authorities know what really happened.

Bloody reporters aye, just want a story not the truth.

Keep ya head up mate.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,821 Posts
Just saw it, you pulled up pretty damn quickly. Save your dash cam footage. Glad to hear that you’re ok and not injured. Go for a bike ride with some mates.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Just saw it, you pulled up pretty damn quickly. Save your dash cam footage. Glad to hear that you’re ok and not injured. Go for a bike ride with some mates.
They already have it and just got back from a ride. :)

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Went back to work on Monday. The butterflies were in the gut till lunch time and then I started to relax off a bit. Yesterday was a bit better but still slightly edgy but all in all, I'm okay with being back in the truck at this stage, so I should relax off even more after a bit longer.

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
463 Posts
Went back to work on Monday. The butterflies were in the gut till lunch time and then I started to relax off a bit. Yesterday was a bit better but still slightly edgy but all in all, I'm okay with being back in the truck at this stage, so I should relax off even more after a bit longer.

Foo
Getting straight back on the horse sometimes the best thing to do.

Only problem now is you have plenty of time to "re think" it all over. Try not to stew on it, stay positive.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Getting straight back on the horse sometimes the best thing to do.

Only problem now is you have plenty of time to "re think" it all over. Try not to stew on it, stay positive.
After seeing rear footage of it, I know that I wasn't tailgating, so I'm fairly comfortable in my head space now.

Foo

3401 - 3420 of 3462 Posts