• No but I'm going to say Yes anyway.

Votes: 92 34.3%
3421 - 3440 of 3462 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,301 Posts
Well......holding it together.
Alex is in today for his 3rd major surgical procedure in 2 years, but this one is a bit different.

Today he is having a medical pump placed in his abdominal area, with a catheter running around and up into his spinal cavity. This should help his tight little body relax, giving him opportunity to concentrate on working the muscles he wants to use instead of constantly fighting the involuntary stiffness in his body.

He had a test dose 3 months ago and it worked quite well. He remembers how he felt that day and is quite excited that this procedure will help him feel that way again. (Positive)

The worries are that there are many risks and potential failures. This concerns me more than other times, but the potential good is worth a shot and we know another young fellow who recently has the same op doing very well.

Parenting complex kids = lots of stress

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Alex is in today for his 3rd major surgical procedure in 2 years, but this one is a bit different.

Today he is having a medical pump placed in his abdominal area, with a catheter running around and up into his spinal cavity. This should help his tight little body relax, giving him opportunity to concentrate on working the muscles he wants to use instead of constantly fighting the involuntary stiffness in his body.

He had a test dose 3 months ago and it worked quite well. He remembers how he felt that day and is quite excited that this procedure will help him feel that way again. (Positive)

The worries are that there are many risks and potential failures. This concerns me more than other times, but the potential good is worth a shot and we know another young fellow who recently has the same op doing very well.

He's a great kid.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,411 Posts

Really makes a difference when you take a risk for you kids and they feel difference positively.

Found that when i put my son on medication for his adhd.
I had been bullied alot as a kid over it. But first day of being on it and he cane home do excited that he could pay attention.

I know pretty minor to what your going through mate, but good to see your boy is excited knowing how much better it is.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Hope it goes well, for the young bloke.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: trev zd30

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,301 Posts
Well, at the end of an emotionally draining day, I'm glad it's behind me. We left Alex asleep at 8:30 am with the expectation we'd see him in recovery approx 2 hrs later.
3.5 hrs later we got a call from the theatre saying it all went well and to expect a call from recovery soon.
Another hour passed and I couldn't just wait any longer , so I enquired! Seems He was just happy to keep on sleeping🙄 but no one had checked in on us to say how he was doing. After 4.5 hours you can understand we were a bit anxious about how he was going!.
Anyway pain is currently well controlled and he is starting to eat and drink so lots of positives. Tomorrow the pump will be turned on, slow at first, then gently increased to find the appropriate dose rate over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts and encouraging words. Just being able to share my thoughts here helps dealing with the emotion involved.....more than words can say!

Really makes a difference when you take a risk for you kids and they feel difference positively.

Found that when i put my son on medication for his adhd.
I had been bullied alot as a kid over it. But first day of being on it and he cane home do excited that he could pay attention.
Glad to hear it's made a positive impact. It's a difficult and brave decision to trial a drug with no guarantees it will help, and the very real possibility it could do harm, but sometimes the potential outcome is worth the risk🙂.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Well, at the end of an emotionally draining day, I'm glad it's behind me. We left Alex asleep at 8:30 am with the expectation we'd see him in recovery approx 2 hrs later.
3.5 hrs later we got a call from the theatre saying it all went well and to expect a call from recovery soon.
Another hour passed and I couldn't just wait any longer , so I enquired! Seems He was just happy to keep on sleeping🙄 but no one had checked in on us to say how he was doing. After 4.5 hours you can understand we were a bit anxious about how he was going!.
Anyway pain is currently well controlled and he is starting to eat and drink so lots of positives. Tomorrow the pump will be turned on, slow at first, then gently increased to find the appropriate dose rate over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts and encouraging words. Just being able to share my thoughts here helps dealing with the emotion involved.....more than words can say!

Glad to hear it's made a positive impact. It's a difficult and brave decision to trial a drug with no guarantees it will help, and the very real possibility it could do harm, but sometimes the potential outcome is worth the risk🙂.
Great to hear.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Fantastic.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,301 Posts
Apparently today is international Men's day. I hope you guys are all doing ok.....

Screenshot_20201119-184756_Facebook.jpg

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,301 Posts
Tough day for Alex today with pain and nausea stealing most of the day away. He managed to pull on a smile this afternoon before the next bout of nausea kicked in and the drugs stole him away from me again.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
20201119_165728.jpg

Tough days for Alex = tough day for me. Worrying and wondering what's next, wishing the positives to outweigh the negatives........maybe tomorrow

The silver lining today is that the medical pump implanted during the surgery is beginning to show some effect. Hopefully a better day tomorrow 🤞

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Pam and I are willing Alex a speedy and successfull recovery. Hope to see him again soon.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
549 Posts
You get my vote for parents of the decade Trev.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
549 Posts
I'm finally back from one of the darkest places I've been in a long time.
Covid cost me my job from the company folding,
The resulting stress reaction set me off big time. Found a job, turned out to be a nightmare all of it's own, so i had to quit that one.
Luckily i found another employer and this is turning out to be a great job.
But from march to october was sheer hell.
The only positive i had going was the surgery on my arm was a complete success and that was great.
Fianally signed off work cover and that saga is behind me. But that was in january, and covid was already making the news.
So lets hope 2021 is approximately 13948% better than this year.
I'm not the only one who suffered this year cos of covid, i know that.
But what i did suffer was dam near my personal limit.
I try to do my best to be positive and encourage others with a positive attitude, but ffs, bring on 2021.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
I'm finally back from one of the darkest places I've been in a long time.
Covid cost me my job from the company folding,
The resulting stress reaction set me off big time. Found a job, turned out to be a nightmare all of it's own, so i had to quit that one.
Luckily i found another employer and this is turning out to be a great job.
But from march to october was sheer hell.
The only positive i had going was the surgery my arm was a complete success and that was great.
Fianally signed off work cover and that saga is behind me. But that was in january, and covid was already making the news.
So lets hope 2021 is approximately 13948% better than this year.
I'm not the only one who suffered this year cos of covid, i know that.
But what i did suffer was dam near my personal limit.
I try to do my best to be positive and encourage others with a positive attitude, but ffs, bring on 2021.
Good to hear your traveling well mate, you know where I live, drop by some time.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,078 Posts
All done and home..A bit sore but nothing compared to what some of you other poor buggers are going through.:(
Now do as you're told by doctors and surgeon. Hope all goes well.

Reactions: 45/70 and Foo

·
Registered
nissan
1,278 Posts
All done and home..A bit sore but nothing compared to what some of you other poor buggers are going through.:(
Hope everything went well , now resist the urge to do anything

Reactions: 45/70

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
15,910 Posts
Thanks.;)

3421 - 3440 of 3462 Posts