Votes: 43 15.9%
  • No but I'm going to say Yes anyway.

Votes: 93 34.4%
3621 - 3640 of 3645 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,670 Posts
Well in Australia its Father's Day today. I want to wish all the guys here a relaxing, peaceful and enjoyable day, wherever you may be.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts
Well in Australia its Father's Day today. I want to wish all the guys here a relaxing, peaceful and enjoyable day, wherever you may be.
Back at ya mate. 🍻

Foo

Reactions: trev zd30

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,504 Posts
Fathers day,bitter-sweet.
Celebrating with 4 of my kids (3 step), my inlaws and of course my wife.

But dosent take away the fact that its another father's day without my daughter, and knowing now meditation has failed,and no way i can afford court.

So except for the posdible random run into in the shops who knows when ill get to spend time with my girl again.

Theres alot more to the very messy story, but the love of a father to his daughter never stops.

But i am so grateful for all my kids, and amazing inlaws, and a wife who always pushes me to be the best dad possible.
Not to mention the kids i work with who dont have a dad figure, but i can be there for them in school at least.

Happy fathers fellas,for those struggling, we are all here for you.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts
It hard situation mate but I guess you just hold out hope for the day that things change.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Heavensent

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts
So it's that day for asking again.

RUOK?

Foo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
So it's that day for asking again.

RUOK?

Foo

This getting old isn't fun mate, but many of us are going through the downsides, trip to Dr the other day, after building fence my left knee is in a lot of pain (and clicking), both of my shoulders and the tennis elbow are giving me hell. Awaiting x-ray results on knee, taking anti inflammatory for all of them now, happy pill dosage has been doubled as well. Oh, well, that's life, many others far worse off than me.
On the upside, my old ZD is absolutely howling with the new turbo :love:.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,294 Posts
Unfortunately is sounds like JET-6 (Matt Harris) has passed away. He was a mate and very well known to many of us. He had played a vital role in this forum's history with his purchase of the forum and subsequent running of it for a number of years. He was the one who brought me into the moderator tea. RIP Thumpa

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts
That's very sad to hear. I remember him from the early years of joining here.

Foo

Reactions: Haggie

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,670 Posts
That's very sad to hear. I remember him from the early years of joining here.

Foo
X2

I recall him from my early days here too.

Condolences to friends and family.

RIP JET-6

Reactions: Haggie and Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts
@Heavensent, how's things going on the daughter front now?

Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts
@trev zd30 and how's things on your front with the young fella?

Foo

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Unfortunately is sounds like JET-6 (Matt Harris) has passed away. He was a mate and very well known to many of us. He had played a vital role in this forum's history with his purchase of the forum and subsequent running of it for a number of years. He was the one who brought me into the moderator tea. RIP Thumpa
OH bugger, I only just read this, very sorry to hear that news. I met Matt at the VIC High country Patrol4x4 forum meet up some years ago. Had a very fun day as a passenger in his red Patrol. I'm not used to being a passenger or to hanging off the edge of a mountain track looking down the drop on my side of the car when I'm not holding the wheel was quite an experience. Matt opened up to me and talked a bit about being on anti depressants, he probably detected in me that I needed something and was under a lot of stress in life at that time also. I was over in Victoria as well as the forum meet up also on a mission with my mothers ashes to take them back to her home and family.
Matt was a man on the go, always modifying something or doing a deal on lights or phones as well as being a dad and working.
Really sorry to hear.
RIP Matt

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
@geordie4x4, You still tracking along okay?

Foo
Hey Foo,
thanks for the check up reminder. Yes going great at the moment, have had a bit of a rough time in the last few months but finished treatment for the time being and off all the drugs, starting to feel a bit more normal apart from also feeling older and having no hair now.

Had a bone marrow stem cell transplant 55 days ago now, check up yesterday showed very good blood test results. They won't confirm if I am in remission or not till 100 days and another painful bone marrow biopsy. However, its looking very promising so far better than text book results.

Will admit that I had some pretty bad days. I pulled through having heavy chemo to kill off all my bone marrow which also means every other fast growing cells in my body got a hammering, mucous linings, throat, sinuses, oesophagus, trachea, gut, bowel, sperm, hair and some skin cells all got heavily toxed. By day 8 after that chemo I had to be in hospital full isolation as my immune system was completely wiped out and down to zero neutrophils, making me very vulnerable to infection from anything and everything. They put my own stem cells back which had been harvested a month beforehand. It takes a few weeks for the stem cells to find their home and start producing healthy bone marrow, immune cells and blood cells again.

I now am waiting to get re-vaccinated for everything again, Covid being the most urgent before it gets to WA. My immune system has recovered enough to have the vaccine now so got a special exemption letter yesterday to start having the full two or three doses all over again as any immunity I had is wiped out by the chemotherapy. Still feeling a bit nervous about what happens when they open up the borders to WA. I have to admit (whether it's selfish or not) that I have been glad of our WA safe bubble during my most vulnerable period, very scary what is happening in VIC and NSW. Have heard news of several other sufferers of the same cancer as I have that have passed away in VIC and NSW due to Covid.

The good news is it has given me plenty of time to get the Patrol sorted out again and nearly ready to go bush and get out camping again.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,518 Posts
Hey Foo,
thanks for the check up reminder. Yes going great at the moment, have had a bit of a rough time in the last few months but finished treatment for the time being and off all the drugs, starting to feel a bit more normal apart from also feeling older and having no hair now.

Had a bone marrow stem cell transplant 55 days ago now, check up yesterday showed very good blood test results. They won't confirm if I am in remission or not till 100 days and another painful bone marrow biopsy. However, its looking very promising so far better than text book results.

Will admit that I had some pretty bad days. I pulled through having heavy chemo to kill off all my bone marrow which also means every other fast growing cells in my body got a hammering, mucous linings, throat, sinuses, oesophagus, trachea, gut, bowel, sperm, hair and some skin cells all got heavily toxed. By day 8 after that chemo I had to be in hospital full isolation as my immune system was completely wiped out and down to zero neutrophils, making me very vulnerable to infection from anything and everything. They put my own stem cells back which had been harvested a month beforehand. It takes a few weeks for the stem cells to find their home and start producing healthy bone marrow, immune cells and blood cells again.

I now am waiting to get re-vaccinated for everything again, Covid being the most urgent before it gets to WA. My immune system has recovered enough to have the vaccine now so got a special exemption letter yesterday to start having the full two or three doses all over again as any immunity I had is wiped out by the chemotherapy. Still feeling a bit nervous about what happens when they open up the borders to WA. I have to admit (whether it's selfish or not) that I have been glad of our WA safe bubble during my most vulnerable period, very scary what is happening in VIC and NSW. Have heard news of several other sufferers of the same cancer as I have that have passed away in VIC and NSW due to Covid.

The good news is it has given me plenty of time to get the Patrol sorted out again and nearly ready to go bush and get out camping again.
Excellent news. (y)

Foo

Reactions: geordie4x4

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,504 Posts
@Heavensent, how's things going on the daughter front now?

Foo
No contact since xmas last year still.
Mediation ended up giving me cert after ex kept post phoning appts.
Sadly no money to fight it, but i know as daughter gets older she will start pushing herself to make contact.

For now i just gotta wait and hope.
Who knows what shes being told from them.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,670 Posts
@trev zd30 and how's things on your front with the young fella?

Foo
Thanks for checking in Foo.

Young blokes going well at present. Focused on getting through to the end of the year. He's doing quite well at school and thanks to the modified learning agreement we have in place with education qld, where he learns at home for 2 full days and 3 half days each week, he has caught up academically with his peers. Pretty proud of him and what he has achieved in this last couple of years!

Health wise we seem to be getting better with managing his gut/bowel issues. We havent had a hospital admission in quite a while now (touch wood).

Unfortunately Recent appointments are pointing towards the need for further surgery though to help right his scoliosis which is slowly worsening. This will need to happen sometime in the next year. I'm not looking forward to that, nor the recovery period afterwards. Hopefully not as eventful as previous recoveries.

Anyways, that's a long way off, we need to get through the wave of Covid likely to come sweeping through here once the borders are open. Unfortunately he is too young to be eligible for the vaccine, and having a nuerological condition, he is at much higher risk of having a bad outcome should he contract it! Something most people don't/won't consider when deciding not to get vaccinated🙄.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
640 Posts
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Toy dog

R.I.P. ELLIE.
4.9.90 -19.12 21.
We lost a member of the family yesterday.
Some are just pets, some are special.
Very special.
I might have been old age, but kidney failure made it quick.
She went from happy & healthy, to a state that broke our hearts in just 5 days.
One massive void in our lives now.
😭

3621 - 3640 of 3645 Posts