Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's a little help needed, just installed a Racetech smoke lens stepper motor series EGT guage in the 4.2 GU. i have so far mounted the unit on the pillar, ran the wires and connected the red to positive and the black to negative, still have to install the sensor but will need to weld the fitting to the dump pipe first. Weekend job. now the prob i am having is when i turn the key the guage does nothing, question is.... there is an orange and white wire do these need to be connected somewhere and does the sensor need to be connected before the guage will work, or do i have a faulty guage.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan
114 Posts
U have to splice red and white together, gauge work without sensor it will just flash untill you plug in the sensor, wired 1 of these gauge up for a mate few months ago

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, just got an email from the supplier, the red is to constant 12v black to negative orange to ACC power and the white is to change the colour of the ligting within the guage. The destructions that come with the unit are as usefull as a wet toilet roll, thankx to the supplier all should be sorted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts