Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay you guy's ,i just finished seting up a new RaceTech piro &Boost Gauge.The piro read 680*c on it's test run ??,the 3 Ltr was running just fine as allway's . I think this temp read must be incorect as it seem's hi to me .What temp should i be expecting at max rev's ? About 500 or so ? The probe is just south of the turbo where the 2 3/4 ex Stym had a plug & pre setup for a temp probe all ready in the pipe so it should be in the right spot.If that was the right temp it would have a melt down a long time ago,My be the gauge is faulty ?? .What do you guy's think.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. Depending on what other gear you have 600c could be right, in the old days on mine before the NADS went in I had an EGT gauge and I could see 700c if I pushed it a little, bad news. We treat 500c as a usable maximum for a DI and a little higher for a CRD.

Give us a little more info on what you have and what is done to it. There is a big EGT Survey in the DI archives section and a smaller one in the CRD archives which will give you and idea of what many of our members are running under different conditions.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,085 Posts
Just to throw it out there to eliminate, is the gauge reading degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius?

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,662 Posts
I have seen a lot of dodgy readings from those petrol gauges recently. (2 in the last week alone)
The main one being the boost gauge reading 5psi at idle.
Needless to say I don't trust cheap petrol gauges.

·
Registered
nissan
86 Posts
Seems like it could be reasonable. When I first installed mine I had it in a 3" dump pipe installed without dawes and needle valve, and it would reach 550 climbing long hills in no time so it could be accurate. I've got the same gauge and have never had any issues with it.

Now with dawes and needle installed I can climb long hills in 5th without needing to change gears and struggle to get over 400! I love this forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts