Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Autos are Superior
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting discussion on another forum in regards to if your covered for recovery on Fraser.
This bloke was given the finger and told $1000 to get him off by RACQ after 2 hours of arguing.

anyone else been given the good oil?

jollyrodger2005 said:
This was a post I ment to post back in Sept after returning from Frazer Island, Camped there for 2 weeks and had a ball, we go with a large group of friends ever 2 years.

It came as a suprise when my sons 4wd that was I driving broke down and needed RACQ asistance and was told that I was not covered while on the Island no matter what level of cover i had. It was going to cost us $1000 to have RACQ recover the car.

As it needed a slave cyllinder kit and we were without a clutch and had to drive it from Waddy Point to Inskip in difficult conditions.

So just remember poeple that you are not covered while on Frazer Island no matter what level of cover you have.RACQ will only cover Stradbroke Island which for my opinion is bull****.

The sales person advised me when I joined years ago, that if you are on a gazetted road or track and it's on a RACQ map then you are covered.
NOT TRUE.
12ARX said:
http://www.racq.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/50166/RACQ_Road_Service_Regulations_August_2010.pdf

I see this in their terms and conditions..

Non Serviced Area
If for any reason an RACQ Contractor in a country area is unable to respond to your call, or if you are in a locality where there is no RACQ Contractor, then call any nearby garage, pay their charges and apply to the Club for consideration of an ex-gratia payment.

And this in the little writing down the bottom..

Constructed Road/Driveway
A government gazetted road or driveway which is accessible under all weather conditions by a two-wheeldrive vehicle.

Page 7
Service conditions

Service Attendance Road service attendance to the breakdown site will be provided free up to a distance of 40km from the nearest available RACQ Contractor's premises via constructed roads/driveways.. Read this along with the definition above.

Registered
Yeah, have heard the bit about the two wheel drive bit before, to do with recoveries! :rolleyes:

Enemy of Reality
Like they're going to put their employees into a risky situation where they might get stuck trying to get to you... fair enough i'd say... however - a place like fraser with plenty of access, should not be excluded.

Autos are Superior
Discussion Starter #4
Mic said:
Like they're going to put their employees into a risky situation where they might get stuck trying to get to you... fair enough i'd say..
RACV have no problem sending a tilttray into pick up one of my club members a few years a go out back of heyfield - no questions. Also they have picked up from in the valleys when Shanes wheel bearings collapsed.

Asking if anyone has been told no we wont recover you.

Enemy of Reality
RACV have no problem sending a tilttray into pick up one of my club members a few years a go out back of heyfield - no questions. Also they have picked up from in the valleys when Shanes wheel bearings collapsed.

Asking if anyone has been told no we wont recover you.
I take it these places were accessible by 2wd?

My missus had a gearbox die miles from nowhere and we were picked up - free. But that was a dirt road accessible by 2wd in dry weather only...

Registered
Had a friend at my place the other day with a dead battery. She is in the RAA, SA's RACQ. The guy who came out didnt have the right size battery with him but was told that he wouldnt change it anyway as it was a "workshop job".
He said that holden have told the RAA and I presume other organisations in AUST that to change the battery in a barina is a workshop job. SO he wanted to send out a tow truck to get it sorted.
I asked him if he could organise a correct sized battery as I would fit it for them. We just needed to purchase it, as it was after 5:30 and couldnt buy one.

They sent out another bloke who had a batt and who was a contractor. He happily changed the batt.
The stupid bit... We only had to take out one screw to remove the trim covering the battery. Then it was the normal procces. ONE SCEW Bluudy workshop job my arse.
Could have changed it with a pocket knife.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts