Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day Folks,

First up I've used the search and couldn't find what I'm after.

I have an 04 4.2Ti coil cab the radiator is approx 600mm wide.

My query is will the wider(930mm) one from a tb48 (i think thats what its from) fit without too much stuffin around?

Thanks in advance.

Shane

·
Registered
832 Posts
Do you actually have a problem with the original radiator?
Are you relying on the temp gauge on the dash for your readings?

Ive never measured how wide they are but i know for a fact that they are nearly a meter long, to the point where to get them out you have to tilt them past the bonnet. Ive have never stuck my head under the bonnet of a tb48, but the first thing i would be looking for is the 'shaped' cross member. If the tb's have that, they may be long enough.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you actually have a problem with the original radiator?
Are you relying on the temp gauge on the dash for your readings?

Ive never measured how wide they are but i know for a fact that they are nearly a meter long, to the point where to get them out you have to tilt them past the bonnet. Ive have never stuck my head under the bonnet of a tb48, but the first thing i would be looking for is the 'shaped' cross member. If the tb's have that, they may be long enough.
Yeah she's getting warm even on highways.

Adrad do a replacement that is 930 wide and 55 thick (mine is 600 wide and about 30 thick - series 3 with the bottom lugs positioned on the side of the radiator) and i want'd to upgrade to this.

·
Registered
832 Posts
How about my second question?

Do you actually know its getting hot? The factory gauge has been documented about numerous times.

The long radiator in the series 3's & up seem to be quite good. Have you done any cooling system maintenance?

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
sounds like its not working the way it should...i have standard radiator in my 06 4.2td, had a bit of power upgrading and will sit just below half either around town or driving in bloody hot weather doing the posted steel limit of 130 all day....

·
Premium Member
nissan gu td42ti
4,665 Posts
I would be first doing a major service on the radiator. If it came out with that radiator then it is supposed to work. If it's still heating up then you might have another issue on your hands.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How about my second question?

Do you actually know its getting hot? The factory gauge has been documented about numerous times.

The long radiator in the series 3's & up seem to be quite good. Have you done any cooling system maintenance?

Yeah I know its definetly running hot.

And yes I've checked fan, bla,blah,blah.

Need a new rad and just want to know if anyone with the same unit has upgraded it to the wider unit.

Cheers Shane

ps: for clarification - the direct replacement from pwr would be pwr5571 - the one i would like to fit if possible is pwr0381.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts