Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know first hand best placement for your uhf radio gme3440 remote mic model?(main radio brain position) Also electric brake controler book says not to have a uhf within 12" of brake control module(takonsha). Looking to have these items fitted to my rig soon! ARB told me that radios are going digital analog will soon be out.( Sounds like:bs: to me) thoughts trollers.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
I have my 3440 mounted on top of the transmission tunnel behind the ciggy lighter outlets and the Mic clip is just below the hazard switch on the centre dash facing the driver... ergonomics work really well... being half deaf I also have an extension spkr tho.

ARB are full of kaka as usual... digital analog? ... morons...

What they are getting at is that as of 01 Jan the UHF CB band is changing from 40 channels to 80 channels.

None of the 'reccy spec' CB Radios (GME, Uniden, Oricom etc) can Tx on 80 channels (narrowband) only Rx but commercial spec radios (such as Phillips, Icom pro400, Taits, Kenwoods etc) can be reprogrammed to the new Channels. GME, Uniden etc will all be releasing new models in 2011 that are 80 channel compatible

Google "UHF CB new channels" for more info if you need it...

·
Registered
nissan
144 Posts
I put my main box down behind kick panel next to the accelerator and the mike up beside the hazard button, remote speaker cut into the indentation in front of shift lever. Pulled the speaker apart and only mounted the cover and speaker and it works ok for a cheapey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts