Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting caster bushes fitted to my GU and thought I may as well have the radius arm spaers fitted at the same time. Who sells them and any good recommendations for someone to do the job in Brisbane South side.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$50 is a bit rich for some steel washers, oh well its only money

·
Registered
868 Posts
with the bigger one that spaces the arm forward it wouldn't matter so much what diameter it was (within reason) as long as the hole is a snug fit over the end rod

the inner one needs to be the same diameter as the end rod since it's job is to extend the surface area for the rear rubber bush, and needs to be a snug fit over the thread

here's a pic from when I did mine a couple of years back before I got drop arms, sorry about the quality but it should show what you need

http://jason.qgl.org/images/4wd/random/radius_arm_spacers/DSC00813.JPG

oh and I bought mine form snake racing

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can't comment anything smart on Vince's picture, since I have LHD and thus panhard rod in opposite direction.

IMHO, a correct suspension lift requires not only longer springs+shocks, but also longer bump stops, to limit upper suspension travel. With them, this hitting shouldn't happen.

P.S. I haven't yet made bump stops on my car yet, shame on me

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Can i move this thread to the DIY section guys, the pics from Glebius make it a good thread to belong there

·
Registered
nissan
304 Posts
I made some from these drawings, no hitting yet.

Definitly a DIY mod, for those with access to a lathe.

Mick.

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
I know this might seem like a thread dig but its quite usefull. found it via google and thought i might as well bring it back to the top

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,552 Posts
after turning up some like this diagram the panhard road mount was hitting the front of the radius arm. any one else have that prob?
Common if it flexes good and the spacing is over 12mm which is built in my 6" drop arms for 35's to clear GQ guards when turning.
Mine was rubbing there too but I ground a bit out of the bracket and it's ok now. Extended bump stops help too.
The TD adjustable panhard was also rubbing the diff pumpkin but I shaved a bit of the thick diameter of the panhard rod that was touching.
I also scalloped a bit out of the top inner sides of the drop arms next to the shocks so they didn't rub the shocks at high flex. It worked, no detriment to the arms either.

Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts