Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to remove radius arms to replace bushes, Can anyone tell me what size the nut is at the chassis end please. I may have to purchase new socket,

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Oh and you might need a breaker bar ... sometimes those nuts are on as tight as the nuns proverbial.

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
24mm or 15/16 imperial

David
24mm, don't buy imperial its not the same size and if it is bloody tight you want the right size socket, and buy a single hex not a double they grip better.

·
Registered
nissan safari
70 Posts
24mm, don't buy imperial its not the same size and if it is bloody tight you want the right size socket, and buy a single hex not a double they grip better.

15/16 is actually slightly smaller than 24mm of the top of my head 23.81mm so it actually better to use being that slight bit smaller.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
616 Posts
15/16 is actually slightly smaller than 24mm of the top of my head 23.81mm so it actually better to use being that slight bit smaller.
24mm = .9448"
15/16 = .9375"

The difference is miniscule really!!! But I use the ring end of a ring / open combination spanner..
JM2CW..

And give it a bit of a spray before if they've not been undone before.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
616 Posts
Thanks for the info, Psyching myself to have a go at it tomorrow.
Is it only the rear bushes you have to do, or the front ones as well? The front ones have to be pressed out and in!!
Tip, I do them one arm at a time. Take one out change the bushes then re-install it.

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts