Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure of finding my top radiator hose had broken off yeserday, well the outlet of the radiator with the broken off peice still clamped in place. I had enough to reclamp the hose with what was left.
Has anyone had to replace a top tank before on a 2.8 or 3.0 before? Are they available just as a top tank? What do they cost???

I have found brand new radiators to suit on ebay for $350, but if I can would rather just replace the top tank if its cheaper.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
nissan
539 Posts
I had the top tank and O-ring replaced in mine back in April and the cost for the removal of the tank, rodding of the core, and replacement of the top tank an O-ring was about $292.00. Normally just for the removal of the tank and rodding it costs about $120.00, so top tank (and O-ring) must have been worth about $170.00.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just got quoted $275 for the top tank and o-ring. Manage to find a brand new genuine radiator (made in Japan for nissan by calsonic) in a nissan box for $460 (nissan quoted $1100). Its identical to the one coming out. I was told to beware the cheap ebay ones, aparently they have less channels per inch and hence don't cool aswell and can lead to overheating problems. Mind you this is for a tb45 don't know if they're different.
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.