Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Rancho RS5000 part numbers for 3.5" lift

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  big red 
#1 ·
For my GQ LWB with 60mm lift Extra-HD TJM springs, 30mm coil-spacers, ARB castor correction bushings and extended swaybar links. I now effectively have a 3.5" lift and my OME Nitrocharger shocks have gotten a bit short.

I would like to run RS5000s and I would like to retain pin-to-pin shocks up front and not use pin-to-eye adapters.

I'm from the Philippines and it's easier if I just order the correct Rancho shocks by directly giving the part numbers that I need for front and rear shocks instead of them needing to interpret what will work best with my mixed-brand set-up.

Thanks.

#2 ·
springs can be made differently so the shock length can be different for two different brands of 3 inch lift.. IE:

Brand "A" can be a soft spring that measures 785mm long with no weight on it.

Brand "B" can be a firm spring that measures 650 mm long with no weight on it.

Both springs lift the vehicle 75mm but if you fit shocks that suit Brand "A" on a vehicle that uses Brand "B" springs then the spring will fall out when it reaches full downward wheel travel.

The only way to do it is to buy a matched suspension system or...
Remove the shocks and measure the shock length needed before the spring becomes loose, then measure the shock length needed when the springs are at full compression and work it out from there.

shane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.