Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it really ****s me when i go out. go to a bar and get refused entry cause im wearing my thongs. i mean the handbrake is wearing a piece of cardboard with 3 strings on it and na thats perfectly ok. but me nope see ya buddy. it just really ****s me. dunno weather to call it sexest, pathetic or just plain ****. i mean really who cares. its a bar. not a thousand star resteraunt or anything super flash just a bar and gaming lounge.

am i missing the point on the matter. i mean the only thing i can put it down to is oh&s laws, but i mean the women are wearing less footware than i was. and dont even get me started on what some chicks wear out. may as well wear the birthday suit. wouldnt show any more.
not that im complaining about that but if i wore something similar id get bashed and arrested for making the publics eyes water.

:headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:
think its just time to stick to the good old country pubs where these rubbish rules are yet to ruin them.
rant end.

·
Registered
nissan
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just like gettin chucked from the Hinterland Hotel cos I'm wearing "colours"???

Brisbane Lions colours at that??
yeah pretty much. i mean all i want is a fair go. fark whats a pair of thongs and shorts going to hurt. it was tasteful. but nope just get out.
its farken irritating.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
And they can wear open shoes, so its not a safety issue to wear thongs.

·
Registered
nissan
61 Posts
same things happened to me this time last year i was refused entry at one of the locals because i was wearing thongs.
the problem was the chick who went in after me had the exact same thongs on (plain old flip flops from coles), and guess what, she was allowed in.
i tried to walk in after her and got a nice little love tap from the bouncer on the back of my head! was a great start to xmas

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
Yeah i got refused entry to pub (not club) for wearing runners, and at the time of arguing the point they let a fella in wearing scating shoes, so i said "how come he'ss aloud in with scating shoes"
there replie was "you cant run in scating shoes" i said "what a loud of crap, give me a pair of high heels and i recon i could still out run you tools".
Then i was quietly on my way.

·
BLACK BETTY
607 Posts
It was the blue singlet and the pack of winny blue's your had was the real reason they kick you out.:)

I agree with you mate. Chicks can get away with anything. Wish I had a set of tit's.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Wish I had a set of tit's.
Me too, I wouldn't be wasting my time on here if I did.

After a while I think you realise that if they aren't letting me in then it's not a pub I want to go into.
I'm sure there are more pubs around that are 'bogun friendly' ;)

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Some of the guys I have seen on this forum HAVE got titties ... Man boobs ;)

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Now this wouldnt be a time restriction dress code ???
We got kiked outta a pub or whatever non conformance of dress code after 6 pm or whatever
But if we were there 10 mins earlier it would be fine
Whats 10 min gunna do ???

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
If it happens again, tell them you are wearing Japanese Safety Boots (Thongs)

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
A lot of places are starting to ban hi-visibility work gear too.
You can be covered in crap in blues but if you have a half fluro yellow shirt they won't let you in.

I wonder if it's been fought in court as sexual discrimination. It certainly seems "unreasonable in the circumstances"

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Yeah, I can't be arsed going out these days, you've either got to dress up to mysterious standards (Why the hell are most places in Perth banning people with shoelaces? Who the hell has the innocent shoelace killed lately?), or the place will be filled angry people looking to start something. Actually, all the places have got those angry people, just some of them have shoes without laces.

Drinking at home with mates is cheaper thankfully :)

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Guys guys guys.. whats it cost a beer these days in a pub?

$5?

Screw pubs and clubs with over inflated drink prices, give me a slab and my 6 burner at home any day.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Guys guys guys.. whats it cost a beer these days in a pub?

$5?

Screw pubs and clubs with over inflated drink prices, give me a slab and my 6 burner at home any day.

$5, no wonder you are always complaining about us 'Mexicans' moving up there!

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Spider, if i may correct you.. i am 1 of those mexicans.

You have me mistaken for the Qld KKK mate :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts