Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done or know of a GU patrol done in Raptor bed lining, been thinking about doing mine but still undecided whether it is a good idea or not. Ive heard the coating can trap moisture, not sure if its true or not. Im going to do the rear plastic bumpers and flares first and then make a final decision on the rest of the vehicle.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,314 Posts
Anyone done or know of a GU patrol done in Raptor bed lining, been thinking about doing mine but still undecided whether it is a good idea or not. Ive heard the coating can trap moisture, not sure if its true or not. Im going to do the rear plastic bumpers and flares first and then make a final decision on the rest of the vehicle.
Actually I saw a Ute done in this, parked outside JayCar at maroochydore a few months ago, had a quick chat to the guy, work ute, interesting idea, he didn't mention any issues.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Im contemplating this as an option too. You can thin it down ang get a slightly smoother finish. I havent seen it in person but pretty keen to look into this further.
It would be good to see a range of colours.
I would be pretty happy with a finish like this

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,314 Posts
Saw an 80 series done in this today, black flares and dark aqua body, didn't look too bad.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,011 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw some pics on here of a GU done in Rhino Liner (same thing...?) I just did a google search, but it was before the forum change.

Saw a 370Z done in matt black earlier this week. Looked hideous.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
It can be done badly too, it's not a slap it on, Bob's your auntie, type product. One of our customers did the camper body we built for him. The thick black parts were OK but where he did the thinner, finer coat that was a tinted 200 series charcoal colour he stuffed it and it just about rubs off with the back of your fingernail. Coverage was poor and no strength, not sure exactly what he did wrong but I get the impression that anything other than than the heavy black texture is not that easy to get right. Cold have looked good though if done right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts