Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a Raslarr rear bar. I want to get the mechanism where the swing opens as the both barn doors open. I am bit lazy, the thought of opening two swings and then the barn doors I reckon would get old pretty quickly.

Rang Rasllar and they mentioned they took this feature off the site as the mechanism can put a bit of strain on the doors. If you already have a cracked or squeaky door, then it's not really recommended as it can make them worse.

So my options are:
Option 1 - Spend the coin and fix the barn doors. Then I can get the pivot swing away.
Option 2 - Don't fix the barn doors and just get it without the auto pivot.
Option 3 - Don't fix the barn doors and go ahead with the pivot system.

What's the worst that can happen for Option 3? Doors gets worse and could fall off?

Any one else have issues with the pivot system putting strain on the barn doors and making them worse?

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu
147 Posts
All I can say, is that I have the Raslarr bar with twin jerrycan swing on the left and spare wheel swing on the right.

The opening of these every time I need to access the rear is never a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
290 Posts
I would not play around with option 3. You'll kick yourself if something goes wrong, no matter what it is.
Not sure it's the same issue, but I've been told that ignoring the barn door crack with a spare mounted on the rear can eventually buckle the door slightly, making it impossible to close, letting rain/dust in etc. You'd hate that in the middle of a big trip!

I assume it's just your large barn door that has the little cracks? I'd cost up fixing the door vs replacing it with an undamaged one (plus respraying if needed). Add that the cost of the pivot feature...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts