Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, my driver door winder rattles quite a bit when half way up. So I either drive with it all the way up, or all the way down. I've read a bit about bailey channel replacements, but can't figure out what this refers to and how to get it out and the new stuff in, without taking the door apart. From what I see, the door rubbers go down into the door, and then they go down into the window slides. Is that rubber around the door frame and into the channel all one piece?? Has anyone done this on their GU, with some pics to help out as well. Cheers

Registered
I haven't pulled mine out but most just clip into the recess and push through from the top.
BUT are you sure its the window. I have almost the exact situation you describe on my passenger side and I'm pretty sure its the door handle rods not the window glass

Registered
nissan
It's the window glass.. I thought all GUs did it.
I just keep mine closed

Registered
nissan
My drivers window rattles when partially down too.
Either all up, or all down stops the rattling :cheers:

Other cars I've dealt with have a felt insert in the bailey channel (the channel the glass runs up and down in) and these wear out over time. Not sure if the patrol is the same setup. I haven't looked.

Premium Member
nissan
My shorty GQ did it, as does my GU.
I can get away with it down about 50mm, but that's about it.
Not a major. Unless It's p#ssing down with rain my windows always fully open.

Franky.;)

A Quiet One
nissan
Mine does it too. I find if I pull the glass down and towards the back it quietens down for a while.

Registered
My GQ windows rattled horribly until I replaced the bailey channel rubbers. From memory I got them from Rare Spares but no doubt someone will know where to source GU ones.

As for fitting them, one of the easiest jobs I've ever done.

1. Lower window

2. With a small screwdriver or similar, prise the rubber/felt channel out of the top of the window frame. Peel it out by pulling it away and down gently from the window frame.

3. When you get it out down to the level of the bottom of the window frame, pull each end straight up. It should just slide up and out.

The new one should have a right angle in it. That goes into the top rear of the window frame.

1. Start by spraying the rubber with WD40 or something similar, then feed the rear part of the rubber down into the channel in the door where you pulled the old one out. It should go in pretty easily along the rear edge of the window (which is still wound down). Press the right angle in the rubber into the right angle at the top of the window frame, then insert the rest of the rubber into the channel. Do the same at the front.

2. Enjoy your rattlefree ride...:cheers:

Registered
Guys, my driver door winder rattles quite a bit when half way up. So I either drive with it all the way up, or all the way down. I've read a bit about bailey channel replacements, but can't figure out what this refers to and how to get it out and the new stuff in, without taking the door apart. From what I see, the door rubbers go down into the door, and then they go down into the window slides. Is that rubber around the door frame and into the channel all one piece?? Has anyone done this on their GU, with some pics to help out as well. Cheers
have just done my baily rubbers on both front doors , big thing to do is check the length of the old one to the new one cut to size then its easy as dont need to pull anything apart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts