Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
So this post is made because after searching I couldn’t find anyone else with this issue but also because I found the cause and it may serve as a help to others. The image is not of my car but it’s the best one I could find that will show where the fault is located in relation to where everything is located.

The rattle sounded like something rotating like a faulty bearing but it turned out to be a fairly rusted part of the exhaust. Hope it helps anyone else who may have a similar issue. View attachment 544118
Had the internals collapsed or was the rattle external? Were the supports still connected and intact?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Check any exhaust support brackets that bolt to the eng block, g/box or rear eng mount side brkt. I had a right angle brkt break at the bend that was welded (SS) to the top of exhaust pipe just fwd of flex joint and was secured to a rear eng mount (g/box) side brkt. Welded it up and added an angle gusset. Still good.
I had to weld a support bracket that bolted to the gearbox mount back together several weeks ago, hence my earlier question on brackets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts