Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been on here for a while but hadn't put my Patrol in the members section yet so here it is.

I bought it from a Pickles Auction over the internet. It was a 1998 GU 2.8 ST with 173,000k's on the clock. The engine had blown up and the previous owner had tried to fix it himself. He got as far as pulling the head off but didn't know what he was doing. The bank re-possessed it and sold it at auction.

Here is a picture of the day it arrived at my house. I had just washed it. It isn't leaking anything.

It came complete will broken lower control arms and flat tyres thanks to the trucking company.

More to come

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Looking forward to more pics, how much did you put into it till it was ready to go again?

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Out came the rest of the RD28 engine.

I bought a Series II R33 Skyline GTS-T front cut. Completely stock.

Here it is going in

·
Registered
Nissan
78 Posts
hey mate this looks interesting!

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much did you pay for it if you dont mind telling?
I think I paid $7,300 for the Patrol. Cant remember exactly.

I am not going to put up too many details of the actual conversion at this stage. There is a thread here with all the details. There is a link in the first post to a PDF guide that has everything in it including approximate costs, wiring, etc.

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are some pics of the engine bay.

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here it is after I finally got it going. It is completely stock except for the engine.

At this stage it was completely legal and roadworthy. I went through Regency and got a 'letter of exemption' for the conversion. It took me two goes to get through the pits. The first time it failed for the following reasons:
  • exhaust too loud
  • frayed seatbelts x 2
  • leaking rear hub seal
It passed the second time although the exhaust was still slightly over the limit.

The first real offroad test was the Robe to Beachport track in SA.

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stock wheels and tyre had to go. Black sunnies and 285/75/R16 Kumho KL-71s. Also a 2" Ironman lift kit.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,703 Posts
looks the goods mate, well done. any idea on some power figures? had a dyno run yet?

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks the goods mate, well done. any idea on some power figures? had a dyno run yet?

cheers
I have never had it on a dyno. From the factory the engine makes 187 kW and 294 Nm of torque. I'm guessing it would be around that.

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
Nice work mate, looks good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts